• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona sheriff: Suspect may not have acted alone

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Yes, it's a trust issue. The more you get to know those who would help serve and support your (our) efforts, the more you might trust them (us)..

They already do. We've got other moderators besides John and Mike.

After four years of participation, I think they're doing fine.

They'll be along in a while, see the multiple threads, and merge them.

Also, you could PM John if it multiple threads bug you too much.

eye95

Thanks. Since I went there, I started to think that THEY are probably tracking everyone that visits his YouTube channel.

Even if "they" are, "they" are wasting "their" time. Ordinary folk are visiting the channel, trying to figure out what this wacko was.

BTW, who are "they"?

*insert Twilight Zone music here*

j4l

I'm not sure the flag burning video was his. The username connected to the video was different than his name.

Also, so many people attach different meanings to the flag, its hard to be sure what they are protesting. Given the books he liked, he may have "favorited" the flag-burning video based on an idea that the flag represented the federal government, rather than the nation.

If he's as nutty and unstable as one might think from his videos and the tweets of people who say they knew him, I'm thinking life in a mental institution. He seems a Cho-type, not an assassin or terrorist.

I had much the same thoughts when I saw these, including this:

Something just seems completely "off" about this entire situation, and how it's playing out.I'm not one for conspiracy whackaloon stuff, but a couple things the back-up my "off" feeling about this case.

1) In this day and age,where everyone and their Uncle Whoever seems to have an iphone or minicam-does no one find it the least bit strange that there's not ONE video of the incident itself? I mean, it seems every little thing finds it's way onto youtube in some form or other on any other day. But this event? Nothing. Zip. Just the "aftermath" coverage. A politician-ANY politician- does a public meet-n-greet, and there's no video of it from the media who were bound to be present (what politico does these things without any media to grab some "cutesy" pics, and sound-bites? ) Nor, from any of the usual, drooling lefties who flock to such events?

2)Along the same lines, we get a pic of the "person of interest" at the event-though no video- yet nothing showing the "suspect" in custody at the event? Just seems a bit conveniently wrapped-up, no?

3) The back-story/my space/ youtube stuff of a conveniently whacky "suspect",but little more than that.(assuming it's even this kid's own work we're seeing).

4) And just for giggles-yesterday when word of this shooting hit the news, I googled this congresswoman-to see who/what she was about (sorry,not from my district or state,so didnt know anything of her before yesterday) and to see what/if anything she may have done or said to set someone off.
1st thing I came to was her Wikipedia page. With it's 1st paragraph already edited to include the shooting incident...and this done before they'd even gotten her to a hospital..? For giggles-check her wiki page, then click on the history link that shows when/who edited/updated it...interesting timing there..

KansasMustang

I usually agree with almost every post of yours I see. They tend to be refreshingly enlightened in my opinion but I whole heartedly disagree with your statement and feelings on this one. I support people's rights to express their pain or anger in such a way as long as they aren't hurting or endangering others or destroying property that isn't theirs.

Gad, burning the flag of these United states and the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible witrh Liberty and Justice for all. And you think it's okay to burn this because nobody gets hurt? It hurts me, right in my guts. How's that for hurt? okay okay I know the Supreme court ruled that it is constitutionally okay but I and others stood on principle and defended that symbol of our nation. I'm sorry friend but I support Baretta92SF in her statement.

Beretta92FSLady

I usually agree with almost every post of yours I see. They tend to be refreshingly enlightened in my opinion but I whole heartedly disagree with your statement and feelings on this one. I support people's rights to express their pain or anger in such a way as long as they aren't hurting or endangering others or destroying property that isn't theirs.

There are avenues people can take with regard to the flag to make their political statements.

It is outlined here, without the destruction of the flag:

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

People have a right to express their pain and anger, but to destroy the very symbol of your right to express pain and anger makes no sense to me. I am not one to accuse others of treasonous acts very quickly, but IMO, it is an act of absolute disrespect for America. People can accuse one another through political discourse of "trampling" all over the Constitution, but if someone literally trampled on the Constitution, they should be hanged.

Sonora Rebel

From the latest statement by Pima County (Sheriff) a few minutes ago, the 'person of interest' in the Safeway security photo has been located and cleared of any sort of collusion with the accused shooter.

Alexcabbie

Most likely the kid acted alone. Probably because he couldn't remember his lines...

Seriously, though, I don't think Pelosi or her ilk had a hand in this BUT I do wonder if some lone-wolf leftie encouraged this jackball, knowing what the reaction would be.

As I posted on another thread, if tea-party rhetoric and easily available guns mean mass murder, how come there's not a mass murder at every freaking gun show in the country??

Sonora Rebel

Most likely the kid acted alone. Probably because he couldn't remember his lines...

Seriously, though, I don't think Pelosi or her ilk had a hand in this BUT I do wonder if some lone-wolf leftie encouraged this jackball, knowing what the reaction would be.

As I posted on another thread, if tea-party rhetoric and easily available guns mean mass murder, how come there's not a mass murder at every freaking gun show in the country??

This just now: TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - The man sought by the FBI and Pima County Sheriffsdeputies as a "person of interest" turned out to be the suspect's cabdriver, The Arizona Daily Star is reportinghttp://azstarnet.com/news/local/article_51bb5006-1bd6-11e0-9fec-001cc4c002e0.html The man told detectives he gave Jared Loughner a ride to the shopping center where the shooting took place on Oracle and Ina roads. The cab driver walked with Loughner into the Safeway store so the suspectcould get cash to pay the fare, according to the Arizona Daily Star report. More from the article: Records substantiate the driver dropped Loughner off at 9:59 a.m., Kastigarsaid. Loughner was picked up nearby. The first report of a shooting came in10:11 a.m. and paramedics were on scene at 10:16 a.m., Kastigar said. FBI Director Robert Mueller said he expects federal charges to be filed Sunday afternoon against Loughner. There's a possibility the charges may be related to domestic terrorism, Mueller said.

MK

If John Hinckley could have been found not guilty by reason of insanity then I think Jared Lee Loughner possibly could as well. If someone as disassociated from common reality as he appears to be can't successfully use that defense than I don't see how anyone can.

From reading what little of his writings that are accessible to the public, it really doesn't appear to be politically motivated. I think he chose a high profile victim that was also an easy and available target and would have went after her or who ever else was in her place no matter what her particular political affiliation was.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the guy was having financial hardships and just couldn't make it work for himself. That he attacked out of frustration, delusion and anger at the institution that he felt was the root basis for his personal woes.

Dreamer

Pay no mind to those "bums" on the grassy knoll...

Move along, people, there's nothing here to see...

Last edited: