Thread: Sum up Utah CC/OC laws

Sum up Utah CC/OC laws

Okay so this is basically what I have gathered from several different sources in the last few months on carrying a firearm in Utah. Please help me if I have been misinformed, I'm simply trying to be legal.

-18-21 years old without permit one may open carry without a round chambered but not in public schools.

-21+ without a permit one may carry concealed without a round chambered and not on public schools.

-21+ with permit one may carry open or concealed with round chambered anywhere it is not posted otherwise.

This is just what I have gathered through talking to former police officers, bounty hunters, and CCP holders.

But then again the human element is always a factor so there is room for error. If I have been misinformed please let me know.
    Last edited by Ninajh; 01-14-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninajh View Post
    Okay so this is basically what I have gathered from several different sources in the last few months on carrying a firearm in Utah. Please help me if I have been misinformed, I'm simply trying to be legal.
    I appreciate that! This doesn't sound quite right, so...

First, start here. It's a summary of Utah's laws on open carry.

Second, go here for all the other issues which may concern you.

Third, try posting this in the Utah section, as they're more knowlegeable than we are about Utah-specific laws than we are here.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.