• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sum up Utah CC/OC laws

Ninajh

Okay so this is basically what I have gathered from several different sources in the last few months on carrying a firearm in Utah. Please help me if I have been misinformed, I'm simply trying to be legal.

-18-21 years old without permit one may open carry without a round chambered but not in public schools.

-21+ without a permit one may carry concealed without a round chambered and not on public schools.

-21+ with permit one may carry open or concealed with round chambered anywhere it is not posted otherwise.

This is just what I have gathered through talking to former police officers, bounty hunters, and CCP holders.

But then again the human element is always a factor so there is room for error. If I have been misinformed please let me know.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Okay so this is basically what I have gathered from several different sources in the last few months on carrying a firearm in Utah. Please help me if I have been misinformed, I'm simply trying to be legal.

I appreciate that! This doesn't sound quite right, so...

First, start here. It's a summary of Utah's laws on open carry.

Second, go here for all the other issues which may concern you.

Third, try posting this in the Utah section, as they're more knowlegeable than we are about Utah-specific laws than we are here.