Thread: Arizona shooting

Arizona shooting

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_mdeYDi-iXFnIYeMN5

I'm really sad to read of this. My wife went to undergrad with Gabrielle Giffords in California. I pray for all of the families involved with this incident. If only someone nearby had been armed to stop this guy (maybe they were, I haven't read about all the particulars yet).
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    http://m.cnn.com/primary/_mdeYDi-iXFnIYeMN5

I'm really sad to read of this. My wife went to undergrad with Gabrielle Giffords in California. I pray for all of the families involved with this incident. If only someone nearby had been armed to stop this guy (maybe they were, I haven't read about all the particulars yet).
    Indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in this tragedy. There are several eye witness accounts to an armed citizen who pinned the subject down for others to enable capture. If only there were more armed citizens engaging.
    Last edited by AFPVet; 01-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    Indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in this tragedy. There are several eye witness accounts to an armed citizen who pinned the subject down for others to enable capture. If only there were more armed citizens engaging.
    Gee, all the mass media I have watched didn't mention that at all. All I keep hearing is gun control and NO mention of helping those with mental disorders before they go nuts!

Condolences to the families indeed.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Gee, all the mass media I have watched didn't mention that at all. All I keep hearing is gun control and NO mention of helping those with mental disorders before they go nuts!

Condolences to the families indeed.

Jonathan

Yeah I was just in the Arizone forum where they have a link to a CNN video and the name of the guy who was armed and tacked the guy while another person wrestled away the magazine as the shooter was trying to reload.

Six Minute Clip

Here is a 6 minute clip of the Ed Schultz Show on MSNBC. Listen to it through to the end. The first half will be a turn off. But, the one who stopped the assailant had a gun with him and explains very well why he did what he did and how more laws can't stop this kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3GTwalrGY&feature=player_embeddedve-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

It is an "opps, who let this guy on TV to explain the way it really is?" kind of moment. Best example of how to tell other people the truth about guns that I have scene on TV, or really up there anyway.

Here is a link, the above link is embed code:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3GTwalrGY

I agree, the whole second half is entirely worth watching. The host is entirely too confused and knocked off his rocker with how to handle the guest.

A really good clip with Geraldo on Fox...... Really good answers to Geraldo's questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmmO...eature=related

Jonathan
    Last edited by KIX; 01-15-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: adding Geraldo video link
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.