• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona shooting

AFPVet

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_mdeYDi-iXFnIYeMN5

I'm really sad to read of this. My wife went to undergrad with Gabrielle Giffords in California. I pray for all of the families involved with this incident. If only someone nearby had been armed to stop this guy (maybe they were, I haven't read about all the particulars yet).

Indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in this tragedy. There are several eye witness accounts to an armed citizen who pinned the subject down for others to enable capture. If only there were more armed citizens engaging.

Last edited:

KIX

Indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in this tragedy. There are several eye witness accounts to an armed citizen who pinned the subject down for others to enable capture. If only there were more armed citizens engaging.

Gee, all the mass media I have watched didn't mention that at all. All I keep hearing is gun control and NO mention of helping those with mental disorders before they go nuts!

Condolences to the families indeed.

Jonathan

Shawn Mitola

Gee, all the mass media I have watched didn't mention that at all. All I keep hearing is gun control and NO mention of helping those with mental disorders before they go nuts!

Condolences to the families indeed.

Jonathan

Yeah I was just in the Arizone forum where they have a link to a CNN video and the name of the guy who was armed and tacked the guy while another person wrestled away the magazine as the shooter was trying to reload.

atrule

Six Minute Clip

Here is a 6 minute clip of the Ed Schultz Show on MSNBC. Listen to it through to the end. The first half will be a turn off. But, the one who stopped the assailant had a gun with him and explains very well why he did what he did and how more laws can't stop this kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3GTwalrGY&feature=player_embeddedve-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

It is an "opps, who let this guy on TV to explain the way it really is?" kind of moment. Best example of how to tell other people the truth about guns that I have scene on TV, or really up there anyway.

KIX

Last edited: