• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And it begins, Again!

swatspyder

Mayor Daley: Arizona Shooting Should Result In 'Common Sense Gun Laws'

Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley has been a very vocal supporter of strict gun control over the years. Handguns were outright banned in Chicago from 1982 until the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the ban last year, and on Monday Daley blamed access to guns in this country for the tragic shooting rampage in Arizona that left six dead and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically wounded.

"I want to extend my condolences and prayers to those who have lost their loved ones and to those that are suffering today," Daley said at McCormick Place Monday, according to the Chicago Tribune. "This is a national tragedy...But unfortunately, events like this happen far too often in America. We have to come back with some common sense gun laws."

The suspect in the Arizona shootings, Jared Loughner, allegedly used a 33-round magazine clip in his Glock-19 pistol--allowing him to shoot 20 people before reloading. (Read more about Loughner's weapon here.)

"...No one should have that type of weapon, that kind of magazine on the streets of America," Daley said. He added that one could try to understand why people kill other people, but the main problem is access to guns in this country.

Oh How I enjoy reading Daley's "common sense" comments... :banghead:

Metalhead47

Dick Daley the Dumbass said:
"...No one should have that type of weapon, that kind of magazine on the streets of America," Daley said. He added that one could try to understand why people kill other people, but the main problem is access to guns in this country.

Wait... so the problem isn't actually that people are killing people, it's that they're doing it with guns?

FMCDH

Wait... so the problem isn't actually that people are killing people, it's that they're doing it with guns?

Apparently he would prefer suicide bombers over suicide gunners? That kind of statement coming from Daley, with his one sided view of reality doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

FMCDH

Certainly not, that's absolutely ridiculous! He clearly would prefer that people bludgeoned each other to death.

Well, one things for sure...he sure doesn't mind guns as long as they are protecting him or in the hands of his mafia friends.

He likes guns enough to make sure anyone who gave him enough money got a nice signed note.

TechnoWeenie

Metalhead47

Will someone please stab that MoFo in the eye with a pen so he can try and ban pencils? (banning pens would induce a public outcry, too many people have them and use them, not many people use pencils, doesn't matter that they're not the same thing)

and $200 tax stamps for "mechanical" pencils

Just mention the phrase "lead poisoning" and the greenies will rally to the cause too!

TechnoWeenie

and $200 tax stamps for "mechanical" pencils

OMG! Imagine how easy it would be to reload it...

.And I know I said I only wanted to ban pencils, but we also need to ban pens with more than 1 color in them. No one ever needs 4 colors in their pen... One is just fine. 4 is just too dangerous for the average person to carry in one pen.

promotional-sheaffer-agio-bic-pen.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It will make no difference that there is no lead in their pencils < pun intended> as the truth does not matter.
http://www.pencils.com/lead-pencils

However, add to the mix that there may be lead in the paint of wooden pencils manufactured in China and we have a subject that might need to be addressed by the UN in a backdoor treaty and then breaches decided by world court.

In the future perfect world, the growth/height marks of your children on the kitchen door frame, shall be in permanent, wide tip makers so that they cannot be erased - evidence MUST be preserved!

aktion

Joe Zamudio seems like a stand up guy

http://www.breitbart.tv/ed-schultz-schooled-on-gun-ownership-by-tucson-hero-joe-zamudio/

I generally can't stand listening to this guy, but this video is worth sharing. Ed Schultz of MSNBC spends the first couple minutes identifying why he thinks this shooting could happen, and at 2:30 he interviews Joe Zamudio, a gentleman who was at the scene of the shooting. Notice how Schultz calls the man a hero at the outset, but is smart enough not to then resort to his typically boorish behavior once it's evident the man is very pro-liberty.

I thought OC.org folks would like to see this, as not many armed citizens get interviewed on television and can actually speak their mind after being involved in such a violent incident.