• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Allowed At Sisters Deli in S Jordan Utah and carriers are very Welcome!

Rick H

I have a friend of mine in South Jordan that just started his little deli restaurant and I had told him that I just joined a Open Carry Group on the internet and he told me to tell everybody that he would be more than happy to allow open carry at his location, So Please come down and treat your self to a Sandwich and discuss the issues on open carry.
Please give him a call if you plan a Bigger meeting so he can be ready and make enough room for you all ....... Thank you.
Oh and by the way i'll be moving there in June with my family, Florida is to hot.

Sisters Deli
1098 W. South Jordan Pkwy
South Jordan Utah 84095

804-253-9973

leeland

In my experience, ALL restaurants are OC friendly

Posts like this always seem a bit strange to me... Not sure what things are like in Florida, but I eat out every day and have never had a problem in ANY restaurant. May just be that I got lucky with the 30 or so restaurants I frequent.

I know it's nice for people new to OC to read about "safe" places to carry, but negative encounters have been so rare (at least for me) that this is like reporting that you DIDN'T get struck by lightning today.

PS. I hope your friend is successful with their restaurant.

Rick H

Not familiar with Utah YET !!!!

Thanks for the post. I have not been there yet , and in June, My family and I will be moving there. I have watched a lot of Vid's on the net and it seems that a lot of states are having problems with trying to find location to meet while open carrying or the police are detaining them for what we all know to be legal but they are still doing it. as far as my friend Pat and his wife Donna and their restaurant goes he is doing good and they are hoping for a great year. So if you and yours are in that neighborer hood stop by and say hi to them. Thanks and have a Great New Year.

Last edited:

leeland

...I have watched a lot of Vid's on the net and it seems that a lot of states are having problems with trying to find location to meet while open carrying...

I've yet to make it to any of the big group dinner's (always been out of town). I suppose from the restaurant's perspective it probably is quite different having just one guy OC and a whole crowd. Nice to know your friend is ok with hosting a big group.

I hope your move goes well in June.

cdrhoad

Great to know Rick! Thanks... might I suggest you also check out the utahconcealedcarry dot com forum. It is where a lot of us Utah OCers frequent and set up a lot of events. OC or CC.

Rick H

Thanks for the post

Well when I get there I hope to meet up with some of you to be a little more understanding about the laws there and maybe make a few more friends

God Bless America

Rick H

Remember this quote

Remember this quote next January when you're shoveling a foot of snow every few weeks from your driveway. :)

Well I lived in Michigan for most of my life and never had to shovel my driveway (4X4) makes a difference, I even have one here in Florida just in case I have to go up North for anything.

God Bless America

jpm84092

Well when I get there I hope to meet up with some of you to be a little more understanding about the laws there and maybe make a few more friends

God Bless America

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum and when you get here, WELCOME TO UTAH. You will find Utah to be very gun friendly and the people are friendly too (but you may need some time to adapt to the "predominant religion").

My advice to you is to get a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. This will allow you to open carry in "Condition 1". Without a CFP, your handgun must be unloaded within the meaning of Utah's statutes. The Utah permit is cheap and fairly easy to get. The required training consists of the elements of safe pistol handling (think NRA First Steps course) and then Utah and Federal Gun Law. No live fire exercise is required, but some instructors offer it and others "require shooting exercises" for their own reasons. And, obviously, a Utah CFP gives you the option to carry concealed.

Jim

And yes, GOD BLESS AMERICA

Rick H

Planing on it

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum and when you get here, WELCOME TO UTAH. You will find Utah to be very gun friendly and the people are friendly too (but you may need some time to adapt to the "predominant religion").

My advice to you is to get a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. This will allow you to open carry in "Condition 1". Without a CFP, your handgun must be unloaded within the meaning of Utah's statutes. The Utah permit is cheap and fairly easy to get. The required training consists of the elements of safe pistol handling (think NRA First Steps course) and then Utah and Federal Gun Law. No live fire exercise is required, but some instructors offer it and others "require shooting exercises" for their own reasons. And, obviously, a Utah CFP gives you the option to carry concealed.

Jim

And yes, GOD BLESS AMERICA

Well I have a Florida CCW as of now but will be looking forward to getting my Utah Government permission slip when I Get there. and thanks for the welcome looking forward to meeting you all soon

God Bless America.:banana: