• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC at it again....

Dreamer

Still no announcement. I wonder if they are going to issue another SoE, and if it will be state-wide again?

Dreamer

As long as an SoE isn't declared, all is well...

If Gov. Perdue declares an SoE, she will most likely lie to us all again, and tell us that it's still OK to carry, and she will advise NC LEAs not to enforce NCGS §14-288.7, in violation of her Constitutional Duty, and in violation of the NC Criminal Statutes.

She and the AG have been telling LEAs to selectively enforce the NC Criminal code during SoEs since the Second Amendment Foundation filed their lawsuit to challenge this restriction, as a legal strategy to establish that the People of NC have no standing because they can show no "injury" by this law. She is wrong. Her assertions that there is some way to declare an SoE that does not automatically make §14-288.7 applicable are false, and telling LEAs to not enforce it is not within her legal authority, and is a direct violation of her duty as Governor according to the NC Constitution.

What it comes down to, is that even if an SoE is declared, the firearms transport ban effected by §14.288.7 will not be enforced.

So technically it IS still illegal to carry off your private property, but no LEO is going to charge you with the violation, because the Governor will tell them not to...

However, under her logic, they can't charge you with Failure to Disperse (14.288.5) or Disturbing the Peace (14-288.4) either, since those Statutes are under the same section (and I think any intelligent person can see that such an assertion is patently absurd...)

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-288.5.html

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-288.4.html

Carry all you want.
She'll tell the LEAs not to enforce the law of our State.

The Rule of Law is dead in NC--but Jim Crow and Politically Expedient Oligarchy are alive and well...

Dreamer

Yes, Gov. Perdue has declared an SoE by Executive Order, and once again has declared it under 166A, which she claims does not activate §14-288.7...

http://www.governor.state.nc.us/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1617

Lies, lies, lies...

I'll be driving to Fayetteville this evening to visit family. And I will be in proud violation of §14-288.7... Lucky for me we have a lawless government, and the Executive has advised LEAs not to enforce the criminal code... :banghead:

Dreamer

Actually, we have no show in Washington or Greenville yet. But other parts of the state have received as much as 7". And there is supposed to be up to 6 inches on the coast, and ice tomorrow.

I think the REAL issue is that most of the counties and municipalities in NC have already blown their snow removal budgets for the year (they ran WAY over in 2010) and this is just a ploy to get Federal funding for the response.

It's all about the Benjamins...

Last edited:

rotorhead

I withdraw my previous comment, and amend it as such:

I am possibly a criminal, but it's ok either way because the Governor says it's ok because she side stepped the actual laws and invented her own so she wouldn't hear it from the gun crowd, plus whatever it is that's illegal wont be enforced anyway.

Woot! :banana:

Dreamer

Just a note to remind everyone that EO 78 (the State of Emergency declared on 10 Jan, 2011) is STILL in effect state-wide. Gov. Perdue has not issued a termination declaration.

Declared SoEs stay in effect for 30 days after they are declared, or until the Governor terminated them by EO.

Just FYI...

elixin77

Just a note to remind everyone that EO 78 (the State of Emergency declared on 10 Jan, 2011) is STILL in effect state-wide. Gov. Perdue has not issued a termination declaration.

Declared SoEs stay in effect for 30 days after they are declared, or until the Governor terminated them by EO.

Just FYI...

Is there even any snow on the ground anywhere?

elixin77

Well, I for one am a felon, as I just purchased a new toy :)

My Ruger Mini-14 tactical came in today, so me and my friend went to pick them up. Signed our paperwork, and the guy behind the counter even had to call the sheriff for my friend because he doesn't have a CHP - no issues there.

M

mattwestm

Well, I for one am a felon, as I just purchased a new toy :)

My Ruger Mini-14 tactical came in today, so me and my friend went to pick them up. Signed our paperwork, and the guy behind the counter even had to call the sheriff for my friend because he doesn't have a CHP - no issues there.

Huh, why was the Sheriff called? Maybe I'm not reading it correctly.