• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Standing around with a gun on your hip...

FMCDH

True dat....most the Canadians I meet in my neck of the woods are jealous we get as much gun freedom as we do here.

Same here.

Most don't show the desire to carry so much as to be able to collect and shoot some of the handguns and long-guns we do.

I think the ability for Canadians to carry as we do in the US is probably a pipe dream long lost for most. :(

sudden valley gunner

Even for home defense they are pretty much rendered useless.

I still love what the one Canadian lady told me "What am I supposed to do? hit him with my hockey stick? When talking about an armed intruder into her home.

FMCDH

Even for home defense they are pretty much rendered useless.

I still love what the one Canadian lady told me "What am I supposed to do? hit him with my hockey stick? When talking about an armed intruder into her home.

Really? I would have thought self defense by citizens was ruled illegal in Canada by now. If not, I would think it will be soon, as they seem to follow behind the UK example by about a generation.

FMCDH

Probably is, they are still owned by the Queen......LOL!!!

Oy! Can you imagine? As it is, I just roll my eyes every time I hear the media report on some new tidbit of minutia drama about our elected folk. Having a royal family that's suppose to be some kind of "moral" model for the nation? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

Ruby

Speaking of Vancouver, after the picnic there, someone posted something about the VPD wanting a few from OCDO to come down and give a talk, presentation, whatever to VPD officers. Does anyone know what happened with that?

amlevin

Oy! Can you imagine? As it is, I just roll my eyes every time I hear the media report on some new tidbit of minutia drama about our elected folk. Having a royal family that's suppose to be some kind of "moral" model for the nation? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

And consider too that most "royal families" are highly inbred. Some even more than our "hillbilly families" are reputed to be.

oneeyeross

And why all the royalty of Europe are/were very much related.

The lovely left overs of the Roman Empire.

Well, Albert and Victoria did their part to marry off their children to the other ruling families. It was intended to make peace easier to keep and wars would fade away.

Princess Victoria, their daughter married to Frederick III, German Kaiser, mother of Wilhelm II, Kaiser during WWI.

Four royal monarchs were grandchildren. Wilhelm II of Germany, George V of England, Ernst Louis, Grand Duke of Hesse, Carl Eduard, Grand Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

And this doesn't even include the Russian royal family...or what went on before Albert and Vicky...