• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Couple of interesting videos on carry from the VPC

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ya, they are right it's better to be disarmed and totally defenseless. < sarcasm >

These videos were stacked against the untrained vs highly trained instructor - what would you expect.

Having the means for defense is good, training is better, being well trained and proficient is best.

Those of you that are not highly trained and extremely proficient, turn in your guns - this BTW includes most LEOs. :uhoh:

amzbrady

The trainer knew where the student with the gun was sitting, unfair #1.
How many shooting ranges let you fire from holsters, to train in shooting from the hip? Unfair #2.
It would have been cool to see the same number of trained officers, put in the same scenerio. I would like to see how many dove to the floor and return fire, and how many would run out the door for cover and then return fire.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Police have a message for ordinary citizens" You know it doesn't sound condisending at all when they say it like that.

Wanna bet that there are more than a few ornery citizens that would have done considerably better?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Typical ABC propaganda with putting so many obstacles into play as having that long of a shirt, gloves and placing him right up front where the other players knew where he would be.

This could have been the same out come for open or concealed as well as concealed carriers would not have had such restraining articles to gain access.

FMCDH

So, their overall message here is that its better for everyone to stay unarmed or play dead and hope for the good graces of the shooter(s) then to actually try and fight back. Yea, great logic. :confused:

Appeared to me as if the subjects (the 6 "chosen") were going to die either way. I would rather go out fighting back. Sure, I may die, but so might the active shooter, effectively stopping anyone else from dieing.

I heard a lot of "he goes to the range, or he plays video games, or she has lots of experience shooting guns, or he plays air-soft", but didn't hear a single one of those people as actually being a person who carries a gun in daily life.

There is a huge difference between a sheepdog and a plinker, but that doesn't change the fact that everyone has a human right to self defense, and the firearm is the best overall tool, besides the brain, to exercise that right.

sudden valley gunner

The trainer knew where the student with the gun was sitting, unfair #1.
How many shooting ranges let you fire from holsters, to train in shooting from the hip? Unfair #2.
It would have been cool to see the same number of trained officers, put in the same scenerio. I would like to see how many dove to the floor and return fire, and how many would run out the door for cover and then return fire.

You forgot how many would shoot innocent person, because they looked suspicious and they feared for officer safety.

What was the statistic for collateral damage?; civilian defense less than 2%, from police anywhere from 8-11%.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You forgot how many would shoot innocent person, because they looked suspicious and they feared for officer safety.

What was the statistic for collateral damage?; civilian defense less than 2%, from police anywhere from 8-11%.

Now you are letting facts get in the way of their emotions,

tombrewster421

Man, how can y'all even watch that crap? I think I got maybe 15 seconds into one clip when I could physically feel my brain being washed. :eek:

I feel all squeaky clean in my head. Maybe they need to wash their brains of all the garbage so they can see the truth.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I feel all squeaky clean in my head. Maybe they need to wash their brains of all the garbage so they can see the truth.

Puppets do not have brains. They have noses that grow and strings that are pulled, but neither intellect nor voice themselves.