Thread: Sad Day. Dick Winters of Band of Brothers Easy Co Dies

Sad Day. Dick Winters of Band of Brothers Easy Co Dies

Dick Winters led a quiet life on his Fredericksburg farm and in his Hershey home until the book and miniseries “Band of Brothers” threw him into the international spotlight.
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...of_brothe.html

Rest in Peace,Sir.

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 01-10-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother
    Thank you Sir.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

God bless him and his family. He was a true hero. A small piece of America died with him.

I have said this before but think it should be said again. If you have family or friends that have served in a war/conflict, please talk to them. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and I kick myself weekly because I didn't get to find out more about them and what truly happen when they served!
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by goforlow View Post
    God bless him and his family. He was a true hero. A small piece of America died with him.

I have said this before but think it should be said again. If you have family or friends that have served in a war/conflict, please talk to them. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and I kick myself weekly because I didn't get to find out more about them and what truly happen when they served!
    Amen.

I have the complete BOB dvd set , such a good movie about true American Hero's , from the greatest generation. Very Sad his passing. Someday I have to visit the WW2 memorial in Wash DC
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

A salute!

As a member of the Virginia National Guard who has already served one combat tour and scheduled to deploy again this summer I humbly wish to render a salute in honor of this wonderful American! God bless you sir and those you have left behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    As a member of the Virginia National Guard who has already served one combat tour and scheduled to deploy again this summer I humbly wish to render a salute in honor of this wonderful American! God bless you sir and those you have left behind!
    Stay Safe,Come Home and Thank You for Your Service.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

A great loss....
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Another Hero Passes And Only The Patriots Remember And Honor Him

A very sad day indeed...many of Easy Company have gone to that great Battleground in the Sky. How many are left?

We need to honor those that have come before us and remember what hey did and died for...us. We have to carry the battle to the enemy now and be vigilant to keep our freedoms these men and women fought and died for.

And yes, if you have Veterans in your family please do speak with them and listen to their memories of wars and battles from the past. My father was in WW2, Korea and Vietnam and he never would talk to me about what he experienced. It may have been because I was only a kid then and I never asked him about it when I got old enough to understand the atrocities of war.

Good bye Major Winters.

Thumbs up No Greater Love - - -

Major Winters, may you be received with great joy in the life to come for your contribution to the lives of us here on Earth. Your heroism, along with those "Bands of Brothers" who came before, helped make possible the rights and liberties we now enjoy.

Atten-hut - Preesent Harms -

Hready - Haim - Hire
    Hready - Haim - Hire
    Hready - Haim - Hire

(Playing of Taps follows)

And by extension, this salute also goes to all those who "gave their all" in service in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the "War between the States", the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afganistan.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Banned
    BoB is one of the shows I am always compelled to watch when it comes on and I always shed a tear when I hear the old warhorses talking about the buddies they lost in the battles.

WW2 was the last honorable war we were involved in and that generation were some of the finest men our nation has ever produced.

Have the Band of Brothers set. Watch it a couple of times a year. Takes a few days. Worth every minute.

Thank you Mr. Winters, Rest in Peace. You will have a heroes welcome in Heaven.