• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sad Day. Dick Winters of Band of Brothers Easy Co Dies

HandyHamlet

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Thank you Sir.

goforlow

God bless him and his family. He was a true hero. A small piece of America died with him.

I have said this before but think it should be said again. If you have family or friends that have served in a war/conflict, please talk to them. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and I kick myself weekly because I didn't get to find out more about them and what truly happen when they served!

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
God bless him and his family. He was a true hero. A small piece of America died with him.

I have said this before but think it should be said again. If you have family or friends that have served in a war/conflict, please talk to them. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and I kick myself weekly because I didn't get to find out more about them and what truly happen when they served!

Amen.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I have the complete BOB dvd set , such a good movie about true American Hero's , from the greatest generation. Very Sad his passing. Someday I have to visit the WW2 memorial in Wash DC

Mechman

A salute!

As a member of the Virginia National Guard who has already served one combat tour and scheduled to deploy again this summer I humbly wish to render a salute in honor of this wonderful American! God bless you sir and those you have left behind!

LR Yote 312

As a member of the Virginia National Guard who has already served one combat tour and scheduled to deploy again this summer I humbly wish to render a salute in honor of this wonderful American! God bless you sir and those you have left behind!

Stay Safe,Come Home and Thank You for Your Service.

LR Yote

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Another Hero Passes And Only The Patriots Remember And Honor Him

A very sad day indeed...many of Easy Company have gone to that great Battleground in the Sky. How many are left?

We need to honor those that have come before us and remember what hey did and died for...us. We have to carry the battle to the enemy now and be vigilant to keep our freedoms these men and women fought and died for.

And yes, if you have Veterans in your family please do speak with them and listen to their memories of wars and battles from the past. My father was in WW2, Korea and Vietnam and he never would talk to me about what he experienced. It may have been because I was only a kid then and I never asked him about it when I got old enough to understand the atrocities of war.

Good bye Major Winters.

jpm84092

No Greater Love - - -

Major Winters, may you be received with great joy in the life to come for your contribution to the lives of us here on Earth. Your heroism, along with those "Bands of Brothers" who came before, helped make possible the rights and liberties we now enjoy.

Atten-hut - Preesent Harms -

Hready - Haim - Hire
Hready - Haim - Hire
Hready - Haim - Hire

(Playing of Taps follows)

And by extension, this salute also goes to all those who "gave their all" in service in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the "War between the States", the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afganistan.

Spartacus

Banned
BoB is one of the shows I am always compelled to watch when it comes on and I always shed a tear when I hear the old warhorses talking about the buddies they lost in the battles.

WW2 was the last honorable war we were involved in and that generation were some of the finest men our nation has ever produced.

Kelevra

Have the Band of Brothers set. Watch it a couple of times a year. Takes a few days. Worth every minute.

Thank you Mr. Winters, Rest in Peace. You will have a heroes welcome in Heaven.