Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tacoma to Bellingham or BUST - January 23, 2011

Tacoma to Bellingham or BUST - January 23, 2011

When: January 23rd Convoy leaves @ 8am from 72nd St Starbucks
    Why: Because we can and I'm wanting to meet with Sudden Valley Gunner and see how he handled Bellingham. Also, I've NEVER been there.
    What: Convoy to Bellingham - Meet is 12 noon @ Billy McHale's

I am taking a trip to meet up with SVG and discuss his strategies for dealing with Bellingham and their courthouse. I've also never been to Bellingham so I am taking this opportunity to go. I've gotten a few people saying they'd like to go, so I'm posting it. I'll let SVG set where to meet as I don't know crap about the area. I'll direct the convoy from here. If it's just me, I'll go anyway

The Tacoma County/City Building problem with checking firearms needs to be addressed and this will be a perfect opportunity for brainstorming. Any questions, PM me or call. Looking forward to at least a few for the ride. I've got 3 walkie-talkies for use if anyone needs a radio. Let's see how this goes

ITINERARY:
    08:00 Departure Starbucks 72nd ST / I-5
    08:45 in Des Moines (Safeway near DEROS' House) / Leaving at 09:15
    10:45 Arriving Mount Vernon (Starbucks 220 E. College Way) / Leaving 11:15 Mount Vernon
    12:00 Billy McHale's in Bellingham 4301 Meridian Street Bellingham, WA 98226 (360) 647-7763

Trimes are estimated! Anyone that is travelling or meeting the convoy and wants to trade phone numbers, PM me!

I will have the kids, thus why I am planning stops. If all is going good and no one is needing pick up at these stops, we will push forward. I hear tell of some coming from Whidbey Island so the Mount Vernon stop is most likely a keeper. Keep an eye on this post for more info as it's posted.

Currently planning on coming:
    Goose +1
    Ani +1
    Sudden Valley Gunner
    Skiingislife725
    NavyLT +1
    heresolong
    Metalhead47 +1
    MSG Laigaie +1
    GreenIsFaster
    SNAPPY
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 01-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Sounds good!!! Looking forward to meeting up with ya guys.

I was thinking Billy McHales, anybody else have any suggestions chime in.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Hey! A Bellingham meet! Bout friggin' time for another one.

Look forward to meeting you Goose, and SVG always good seeing you...and Billy McHale's will work just fine for me. It's been a while since I've been there. I'd say if Goose hasn't been to Bellingham, that we hit Boundary or the North Fork instead, but I have yet to OC at either so I'm not sure how that'd turn out. Could freeze our butts off at the gravel pit and then hit the North Fork. It's an idea. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it...just hope it doesn't dump in the mountains...I'm very susceptible to the powder flu.

Bacon, Doughnut, Tunaburger

I'll have the wife bake cookies too. I'm looking forward to this as well!

I also asked for a sticky for this topic. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to the run up. I enjoy a good drive so this will work. Can I get directions to where we're meeting via Mapquest or a street address mayhaps? I'm going to plan our route form down here. It's easy, I-5 to Bellingham! OK, route planned

I'm thinking our stops should be Tacoma 72nd Starbucks, Des Moines, Everett, then on to Bellingham unless someone needs one more stop like around Mt Vernon or what not! I'll plan it out more.
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 01-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Hey that's my birfday! I'm with LT, dunno about the convoy but I'd be happy to meet y'all up there.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Looking forward to seeing you here.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post

Look forward to meeting you Goose, and SVG always good seeing you...and Billy McHale's will work just fine for me. It's been a while since I've been there. I'd say if Goose hasn't been to Bellingham, that we hit Boundary or the North Fork instead, but I have yet to OC at either so I'm not sure how that'd turn out. Could freeze our butts off at the gravel pit and then hit the North Fork. It's an idea. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it...just hope it doesn't dump in the mountains...I'm very susceptible to the powder flu.
    I'll bring my range bag and stuff then if something else goes down while we're in town.

If I don't have to work I may join.

I will be coming up with Goose.Mini-14 and ammo.I can bring extra hair products as well..... :0)
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-11-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post

I've carried at both with no problems whatsoever. The pit is a 1/2 hr at least east of town though, I would like to go but just to let you guys know it isn't a quick drive.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Yah the North Fork only works if we decide on going to the pit to fire off some rounds. Then it's minutes away. Awesome pizza and brews.

Boundary or somewhere else works better if we decide not to shoot. I guess we can decide on the shooting part when it gets a little closer to see what the weather does.

My first post, I am new to this forum and I am interested in the Bellingham meet, can you tell me more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    My first post, I am new to this forum and I am interested in the Bellingham meet, can you tell me more about it?
    Watch this space! There aren't more details yet but there presumably will be. Welcome aboard.

OK! If the weather will hold out, let's plan on shooting. I'm all for it. I'm also driving 2:20hrs so a little drive to blow off steam will be a plus for me! Billy McHale's sounds like a good idea. The website has me wanting ribs now!

I will be updating the OP with the itinerary as I see it for those that wish to take the trek with me.

Sorry guys, I found out I had plans scheduled for me that weekend. However that Tuesday I will be in Everett & then Bellingham for work.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Sorry guys, I found out I had plans scheduled for me that weekend. However that Tuesday I will be in Everett & then Bellingham for work.
    What time, time for coffee?

Welcome to the forum good to have more Whatcom guys on here. Although for the size of our county we don't do too bad.

Welcome! Good to have another Whatcom OCer here.

And M1, are you talking the Tuesday before the meet or the Tuesday after? Either way, would love to group up with you and SVG for a coffee or something.

I won't be able to make this as I am currently buried at work until mid February.....

Have fun...
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Time

What time at Billy McHales?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    What time at Billy McHales?
    If they convoying at the time they are leaving my guess is 12?

Goose got an idea when? If so might be good Idea to update the OP with time the meet will be at Billy's.

Hey guys glad you are coming up our way for a change>>>> look forward to seeing you all.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    If they convoying at the time they are leaving my guess is 12?

Goose got an idea when? If so might be good Idea to update the OP with time the meet will be at Billy's.

Hey guys glad you are coming up our way for a change>>>> look forward to seeing you all.
    I am figuring we get there about 12. Yeah, that's about a good time. We are making stops along the way but would love to limit them. Mapquest gives 2 hour 20 min drive time. so with 30min stops we get there right at noon

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I am figuring we get there about 12. Yeah, that's about a good time. We are making stops along the way but would love to limit them. Mapquest gives 2 hour 20 min drive time. so with 30min stops we get there right at noon
    Awesome I wish I was making Trigger Dr. Birthday, but look forward to seeing the gun nuts up here.

The weather ...

The extended forecast shows so far a clear ay up there for Sunday. I'm sure this may change. Rain doesn't bother me but if there's feet of snow I will reconsider. So far though, this looks pretty good for a meet day! OP adjusted to make it NOON at Billy McHale's. How many people are coming? I'll update the OP so the Bellingham guys that get there earlier can reserve a sitting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The extended forecast shows so far a clear ay up there for Sunday. I'm sure this may change. Rain doesn't bother me but if there's feet of snow I will reconsider. So far though, this looks pretty good for a meet day! OP adjusted to make it NOON at Billy McHale's. How many people are coming? I'll update the OP so the Bellingham guys that get there earlier can reserve a sitting area.
    My wife & I will hook up with y'all in MV. Now does everyone have a CB in vehicle so this can be a proper convoy?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast