• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma to Bellingham or BUST - January 23, 2011

Deleted_User

When: January 23rd Convoy leaves @ 8am from 72nd St Starbucks
Why: Because we can and I'm wanting to meet with Sudden Valley Gunner and see how he handled Bellingham. Also, I've NEVER been there.
What: Convoy to Bellingham - Meet is 12 noon @ Billy McHale's

I am taking a trip to meet up with SVG and discuss his strategies for dealing with Bellingham and their courthouse. I've also never been to Bellingham so I am taking this opportunity to go. I've gotten a few people saying they'd like to go, so I'm posting it. I'll let SVG set where to meet as I don't know crap about the area. I'll direct the convoy from here. If it's just me, I'll go anyway :)

The Tacoma County/City Building problem with checking firearms needs to be addressed and this will be a perfect opportunity for brainstorming. Any questions, PM me or call. Looking forward to at least a few for the ride. I've got 3 walkie-talkies for use if anyone needs a radio. Let's see how this goes

ITINERARY:
08:00 Departure Starbucks 72nd ST / I-5
08:45 in Des Moines (Safeway near DEROS' House) / Leaving at 09:15
10:45 Arriving Mount Vernon (Starbucks 220 E. College Way) / Leaving 11:15 Mount Vernon
12:00 Billy McHale's in Bellingham 4301 Meridian Street Bellingham, WA 98226 (360) 647-7763

Trimes are estimated! Anyone that is travelling or meeting the convoy and wants to trade phone numbers, PM me!

I will have the kids, thus why I am planning stops. If all is going good and no one is needing pick up at these stops, we will push forward. I hear tell of some coming from Whidbey Island so the Mount Vernon stop is most likely a keeper. Keep an eye on this post for more info as it's posted.

Currently planning on coming:
Goose +1
Ani +1
Sudden Valley Gunner
Skiingislife725
NavyLT +1
heresolong
Metalhead47 +1
MSG Laigaie +1
GreenIsFaster
SNAPPY

Last edited:

skiingislife725

Hey! A Bellingham meet! Bout friggin' time for another one.

Look forward to meeting you Goose, and SVG always good seeing you...and Billy McHale's will work just fine for me. It's been a while since I've been there. I'd say if Goose hasn't been to Bellingham, that we hit Boundary or the North Fork instead, but I have yet to OC at either so I'm not sure how that'd turn out. Could freeze our butts off at the gravel pit and then hit the North Fork. It's an idea. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it...just hope it doesn't dump in the mountains...I'm very susceptible to the powder flu.

Deleted_User

Bacon, Doughnut, Tunaburger

I'll have the wife bake cookies too. I'm looking forward to this as well!

I also asked for a sticky for this topic. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to the run up. I enjoy a good drive so this will work. Can I get directions to where we're meeting via Mapquest or a street address mayhaps? I'm going to plan our route form down here. It's easy, I-5 to Bellingham! OK, route planned

:banana:

I'm thinking our stops should be Tacoma 72nd Starbucks, Des Moines, Everett, then on to Bellingham unless someone needs one more stop like around Mt Vernon or what not! I'll plan it out more.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Look forward to meeting you Goose, and SVG always good seeing you...and Billy McHale's will work just fine for me. It's been a while since I've been there. I'd say if Goose hasn't been to Bellingham, that we hit Boundary or the North Fork instead, but I have yet to OC at either so I'm not sure how that'd turn out. Could freeze our butts off at the gravel pit and then hit the North Fork. It's an idea. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it...just hope it doesn't dump in the mountains...I'm very susceptible to the powder flu.

I'll bring my range bag and stuff then if something else goes down while we're in town.

DEROS72

I will be coming up with Goose.Mini-14 and ammo.I can bring extra hair products as well..... :0)

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I've carried at both with no problems whatsoever. The pit is a 1/2 hr at least east of town though, I would like to go but just to let you guys know it isn't a quick drive.

skiingislife725

Yah the North Fork only works if we decide on going to the pit to fire off some rounds. Then it's minutes away. Awesome pizza and brews.

Boundary or somewhere else works better if we decide not to shoot. I guess we can decide on the shooting part when it gets a little closer to see what the weather does.

Deleted_User

OK! If the weather will hold out, let's plan on shooting. I'm all for it. I'm also driving 2:20hrs so a little drive to blow off steam will be a plus for me! Billy McHale's sounds like a good idea. The website has me wanting ribs now!

I will be updating the OP with the itinerary as I see it for those that wish to take the trek with me.

skiingislife725

My first post, I am new to this forum and I am interested in the Bellingham meet, can you tell me more about it?

Welcome! Good to have another Whatcom OCer here.

And M1, are you talking the Tuesday before the meet or the Tuesday after? Either way, would love to group up with you and SVG for a coffee or something.