• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

Maine CWP Training

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition the gunman used.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

READ MORE

Gunslinger

It will never get out of committee. WE control the House with over 250 NRA A rated members. COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

Maine CWP Training

STATE SEN. BARRY HOBBINS CALLING FOR CAPITOL GUN RESTRICTIONS

You can't have one there even with a concealed firearm permit or if you're an off duty police officer!

WantsToCarry

I don't get it..why make it illegal when criminals are still going to do it? Sure you wanna keep the public safe, then let them defend them selves. Im not pro-ext mag but this bill is just wasting paper! Whys it matter how many rounds are in my mag? I could carry more mags then even conceivable and if I can reload quick enough, it still won't matter. Stupid.

crdonov

I don't get it..why make it illegal when criminals are still going to do it? Sure you wanna keep the public safe, then let them defend them selves. Im not pro-ext mag but this bill is just wasting paper! Whys it matter how many rounds are in my mag? I could carry more mags then even conceivable and if I can reload quick enough, it still won't matter. Stupid.

hes got a good point!!!!!!!

xd-over

Last edited:

damienrr

That article is incredibly disturbing on so many levels.............its coming. If they are that willing to disregard our constitutional rights, why not skip all the judicial BS and put a bullet in the head of that sick !@#$.

Gunslinger

It will never get out of committee. WE control the House with over 250 NRA A rated members. COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

If it flies and it quacks, it's a duck. I fail to see how stating that is "inappropriate." Or are we so PC now that we just smile and nod at our enemies?

Maine CWP Training

McCarthy Bill Would Ban Common Self-Defense Magazines

Friday, January 21, 2011

On Tuesday, Jan. 18, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 308, the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act." The bill would ban the manufacture and importation of new magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Unlike the magazine ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004, her new bill would also make it illegal for the tens of millions of Americans who already own these magazines to sell or otherwise transfer them, even through inheritance.

READ MORE

AFPVet

I am a huge gun control advocate and believe that people should maintain a steady hand... I just don't think that there should be a law to require it... I mean, some people have limp wrists :lol:

Maine CWP Training

Magazine Ban hidden in the FAA bill?
February 2, 2011

I’ve just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

READ MORE