• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The best 1911 movies.

SavageOne

Hitman: got to love a matched set of long slide hardballs

Terminator: another long slide with an early laser sight

The Wild Bunch: pretty sure some are using 1911's

Zombieland: scene with Woody in the concession booth slapping in those mags. !!!!!

The Expendables: I don't know if they used special effects to help, but Sly was as quick firing and changing mags as any competitor I've seen.

curtiswr

The Way of the Gun has some pretty good 1911 sequences, reloads, maneuevers, the whole shebang. It doesn't get much attention but it's one of my favorite movies.

Last Man Standing has extremely over-the-top 1911 action... unlimited ammo, shots send people flying, etc...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

beebobby

In "Animal House",is it a 1911 that the biker guy hands to Flounder to kill the horse in the deans office?

Deanimator

"Thief" with James Caan - Good magazine changes at the end of the movie.
"Collateral" with Tom Cruise - Most people don't know that "Mozambique" can be a verb.