• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Guns at the Arizona Museum of Natural History?

JesseL

I took my family to this museum yesterday and my son had a wonderful time, but when entering I noticed prominent "No Guns" signs on all the entrances. I wasn't sure if the museum was operated as a private entity or what kind of security they might have inside at the time, so I chose to abide by the signs.

After checking their website now it says they are "Owned and operated by the City of Mesa", which seems to put them in pretty clear violation of ARS 13-3102.01.

Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to inform them of their problem and get them to remedy it?

Thoreau

Then that would be the first step to take. They absolutely CAN have the no-firearms signs present on the property so long as the storage requirement is also met. Unless they don't actually provide the storage, then there's nothing to remedy =)