• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona Sen. McCain does not think Gifford shooting should influence gun laws

Jay

Well this is good news at least... This is a very tragic event and my prayers go out to everyone that has been effected by this.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, in Brazil on Monday as part of a five-nation congressional delegation trip to Latin America, said he was praying for the recovery of Giffords and grieving the loss of lives but he did not think the shooting should influence gun laws

"I don't think it's a matter of gun control, I think it's a matter of making sure people who are deranged, that this kind of behavior pattern that apparently was displayed by this individual, is recognized early on," the Republican lawmaker said. "We really don't know enough details to reach any conclusion yet."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

Huck

Hell, McCain's the only politico that I've heard who's actually made a intelligent assessment and statement in the aftermath of that tragedy.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Is it just me, or were the Anti's Press Releases polished and ready to go? It's almost like they knew ahead of time....

I'll be over here playing with my tinfoil... Being RIGHT.

Nevada carrier

Is it just me, or were the Anti's Press Releases polished and ready to go? It's almost like they knew ahead of time....

I'll be over here playing with my tinfoil... Being RIGHT.

Of course they had a press release drafted ahead of time. These incidents are inevitable, regardless of the state of gun control policy. They know they are going to happen just like a gambler knows that the dice will eventually come up a Skinny Dugan!

azcdlfred

But I bet if a gun ban bill was introduced, he would be a "Maverick" and "cross the aisle" to vote for the bill. Or, just like Immigration and Free Speech (campagin financing) he would become a co-sponsor :(

Fred

azcdlfred

Is it just me, or were the Anti's Press Releases polished and ready to go? It's almost like they knew ahead of time....I'll be over here playing with my tinfoil... Being RIGHT.
"Coincidentally" the Brady Bunch advertised a job opening for a Tucson coordinator before the shooting, but it's not like they knew anything was about to happen, right?

Fred

Last edited: