• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New federal gun control bill to be introduced as soon as today- extended mags

TheQ

I've contacted Rep. Mike Rogers' (R) office. His aides, after consulting with him, have told me that he will support no new firearm limitations and that he'd only "support giving law enforcement the tools to enforce existing regulations."

ETA: contact your reps and demand specific answers quickly (within a day). Then watch how they vote. Make sure they know you'll be watching.

TheQ

guns guns guns, but didn't hear from John.

they spoke more in the past hour, of guns and magazines than the shooter.:mad:
(heavy sarcasm)
Them d*mn magazines are the problem! Just as guns are the problem!

Ban them all! Throw all of the legally registered (the ones that comply with the laws and therefore we know about, that is) private gun owners into the poke! This will make us safe!

We can't blame the shooter!
(/heavy sarcasm)

NHCGRPR45

How often have you known someone who is anti-gun to change their mind (short of being attacked or stalked herself), or even to be reasonable about the subject?

To take into account the facts as proven by research, or even statistics provided by the FBI? I can see them discounting some of the foremost research, but how can they get around denying stats compiled by the gov't?

No, if it weren't so clear the guy is half loopy to begin with, I'd almost suspect this was a stunt done by a rabid anti-gunner all hoping to stir up anti-gun sentiment (kind of like the rabid anti-abortionist who hated killing so much he murdered an OB/GYN).

And I don't mean loopy as in out of touch with reality, didn't know what he was doing, should spend the rest of his life in a locked psych ward. If he were out of touch with reality, he'd've attacked whoever he saw first.

I mean loopy as in not playing well with others, not acknowledging the rules the rest of us agree to live together under. (Such as, you don't shoot someone you disagree with.) Psychopath. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He left notes, he planned this, he took a cab, he targeted Gabby. He's also not said a word to police. So he's not nuts enough to go off on a rant; he's together enough to remember his right to remain silent.

Which brings me to another beef - the Sherriff who tells media the guy "isn't cooperating". BS. He's cooperating to the fullest extent required by law. Which is to say, he requested a lawyer & shut up. The Sherriff either doesn't know the law (doubtful, for someone running the agency) or doesn't like it (possible).

This person was clearly not playing by the same rules as "normal" people the sad truth is he violated the social contract we as people have lived by. Well most people, he IMO is not criminally insane, just criminally stupid. He should be once convicted, promptly sent to the chair and then recieve whatever continuing punishment his chosen god sees fit to bestow. He killed a child. On top of all the other evil things done, that in my opinion is among the most heinous of things he did. Truthfully his crimes are to numerous to list, and the damage done will far outlast the time the news spends on this.

I could go on and on, but I will not. Everything needed to be said has. By me anyway.

Haman J.T.

My fervent hope is that knee-jerk reactions such as these will go nowhere, whereas reasonable people will recognize the need for providing for their own self-defense and do so.
Thats why we need to stay alert and educate everyone we can always.These crooks will never allow a crisis go to waste.They will always try to take our freedoms away even while we're trying to get them back!

NHCGRPR45

Where scared people try to draw the line of security vs. freedom most look to the "guardians" to set that line for them. But when the wolf sneeks in as a sheep dog that can turn into a blood bath.

A perfect example is sadly an american day of such tragedy and continued tragedy that I hate to even bring it up.

Every person IMO is solely responseable for there own safety. I choose to take care of myself and others.

Some seem to think others have a duty to watch out for them.

Classic sheep dog vs. wolf. I prefer to keep my teeth sharp, senses keen and flock well guarded.

Sad but true herd mentallity might keep you alive a little longer, but sooner or later the numbers turn against you.

Haman J.T.

Where scared people try to draw the line of security vs. freedom most look to the "guardians" to set that line for them. But when the wolf sneeks in as a sheep dog that can turn into a blood bath.

A perfect example is sadly an american day of such tragedy and continued tragedy that I hate to even bring it up.

Every person IMO is solely responseable for there own safety. I choose to take care of myself and others.

Some seem to think others have a duty to watch out for them.

Classic sheep dog vs. wolf. I prefer to keep my teeth sharp, senses keen and flock well guarded.

Sad but true herd mentallity might keep you alive a little longer, but sooner or later the numbers turn against you.
True! People have been lied to by the boob tube and have become mindless idiots in the last 4 decades.They need to be told THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN LIVES! They need to be told their instincts to duck when something is coming at their head isn't a freak accident,it's the way they are made.No one is required to be there to protect them from that object thats about to hit them between the eyes! It's the K.I.S.S method they need to learn!CARRY ON!