• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your most frequently asked question...

ChiangShih

I'm working on the FAQs page for the MOOC website and I thought it would be a fun to have you guys contribute if you'd like. So, what are some of the most common questions you get about OC?

afcarry

I think a lot of people would agree "Are you a cop or something?" would be number one or a close second. Next one would be "Why are you carrying a gun?." "Is it loaded?" is pretty common. Or of course, you have those few who just want to know what kind of gun it is.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
"is that legal?"
"is that real?"
"so you got your conceal carry?"
"is that a glock?(if I carry a 1911)"
"is that a 1911? (if I carry a glock)"
I could go on....LOL

MKEgal

The one I get most is "are you a cop". [No, I'm a citizen.]

Why do you carry? [Self-protection]
Do you need a license? [Not in WI]
Do you have a license?
How do you get a license?

A couple times I've gotten
Is that loaded?
What are you carrying?

Once in a great while:
What are you afraid of? [Nothing, now]

BTW, I think this thread has been done elsewhere before, so you might want to dig a bit to sese other answers.

Last edited:

John563

I've had..What law gives you permission to open carry a gun. I tell them that there is no law giving permission. Then I explain that laws our only written to keep you from doing something not to let you do and because there is nothing telling me that I can't...I can... in Missouri