Thread: Repeal 941.23 Petition 381 signatures, WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO SIGN

Repeal 941.23 Petition 381 signatures, WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO SIGN

NEED MORE SIGNATURES PLEASE

To: The Legislature and Governor of the State of Wisconsin

The people of Wisconsin demand that Wisconsin Statute 941.23 be repealed as it is unconstitutional on its face and in violation of Article I, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution and the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution as was decided in the United States Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 (2008), McDonald v. City of Chicago No. 08-1521 (U.S. June 28, 2010, and most recently in Wisconsin under State v. Donald L. Schultz, 2010 WI App 124 Jon M. Counsell Circuit Court Judge presiding for Clark County.

The people of Wisconsin demand their constitutional right to keep and bear arms which is a fundamental right, not created by the Second Amendment, but secured or recognized by it. The right to keep and bear arms is therefore not to be abridged by any State law. Wisconsin Statute 941.23 must be repealed under the application of the Fourteenth Amendment. Therefore, the people of Wisconsin demand the right to keep and bear arms for self defense and protection, whether open or concealed and to enjoy that right without imposing any governmental restrictions in doing so.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Follow the link to sign the Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/13359477/petition.html

Thanks

Don

Last edited by cowboyridn; 01-10-2011 at 08:13 PM.

you might want to post this on AR15.com in the Wisconsin hometown forum too.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    you might want to post this on AR15.com in the Wisconsin hometown forum too.

Okay, thanks

I signed it and I hope everyone else on this forum has already signed it too.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Banned
    The shootings in AZ will undoubtedly affect our legislator's decision in this matter.

Or not.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The shootings in AZ will undoubtedly affect our legislator's decision in this matter.
    I agree with McX’s comment in another forum within wisconsincarry.org at:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...vent-in-Tucson

"This incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain order, and defeat threats before they become incidents"

Cowboyridn
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 01-10-2011 at 09:19 PM.

I sent this link to EVERYONE on my FB friends list that thinks like we do, but isnt necessarily in the OCDO-loop. Im sure everyone thats on here AND FB has more friends that think like this...Send them the link!

just wondering...will signatures made by non-WI residents make a difference??

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    +1
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Or not.
    Every legislator in the country winced when they heard the news about the tragedy in AZ and imagined it happening to them. To say it won't affect new legislation in WI is ridiculous.

You posted yesterday in another thread, "The shootings were certainally a tragedy but I can't see any real negative backlash comming from it"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    You posted yesterday in another thread, "The shootings were certainally a tragedy but I can't see any real negative backlash comming from it"
    That comment was in the context of our overall 2A rights in the country not being affected.

The hearts and minds of legislators everywhere will certainly be swayed by such a heinous event as far as their personal safety goes.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 01-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Signed
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Every legislator in the country winced when they heard the news about the tragedy in AZ and imagined it happening to them. To say it won't affect new legislation in WI is ridiculous.
    Yes…. and the Wisconsin legislator's will look at the event as a need for self protection for the electives’ of the Wisconsin state senate and legislature, and therefore will be pushing to allow each and every person of the legislative body including citizens of Wisconsin to be authorized to carry concealed for self protection against horrific events as this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    Yes…. and the Wisconsin legislator's will look at the event as a need for self protection for the electives’ of the Wisconsin state senate and legislature, and therefore will be pushing to allow each and every person of the legislative body including citizens of Wisconsin to be authorized to carry concealed for self protection against horrific events as this.
    You'll need to wake up from your dream if you think that this is how they will view it.

Up to 434 now. I will post on my facebook I think.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    just wondering...will signatures made by non-WI residents make a difference??
    You raise an excellent point - and I hope so.

I am not a full time resident of Wisconsin, but I am a former full time resident who owns property in Wisconsin and pays some pretty hefty property taxes on my home there. I have many friends in Wisconsin and all of my family lives there. I have a stake in what happens in Wisconsin and I signed the petition. (In retrospect, perhaps I should have added my LaGrange Township, Walworth County, tax parcel number.)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Up to 434 now. I will post on my facebook I think.
    lol the total membership of WCI has signed it.

Now if you had 40,000 signatures, the legislators MIGHT pay attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ssmits View Post
    +1
    Signed #20

Unfortunately, I'be never seen these types of petitions (online) lead to any real results. Even with a lot of signatures.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    lol the total membership of WCI has signed it.

Now if you had 40,000 signatures, the legislators MIGHT pay attention to it.
    Whatever. A study by the WI Tea Party coalition has shown that if an elected representative gets 5 calls on the same subject in one day, he will consider it a high priority.

While I do sign these petitions, I also contact all of my representatives weekly to make sure they know I am not going away.

It was my pleasure to sign this! I sure hope our voices are heard and this does get repealed!!!!