• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If I am reading this right....

Tucker6900

Delhi Township has this in their ordinance:

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any firearm, air rifle, bow and arrow, slingshot, crossbow or other dangerous weapon in any public place, subject to the following exceptions:
(1) When it is in a case and is not loaded;
(2) When a bow or crossbow is unstrung or encased, or when it is being carried under the direct supervision of authorized public recreational personnel; or
(3) Where and as otherwise permitted by state law.

I would read this as an ordinance NOT restricting the possession of firearms? Anyone else see differently?

Harry25

Subsection 3 makes it fall into line with state law, IMO.

That being said, I've never been a fan of laws that use the exception of "as otherwise permitted by state law." I feel like they're misleading.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.nguyen

lil_freak_66

Delhi twp. is Holt right?(just S. of Lansing)

I carry there all the time,no issues,and we've done events in Delhi twp. before without issue.

That last subsection makes it so as long as you follow state law,your good,they leave the rest of it up to discourage people though imo,but theres nothing they can nor will do.

I assume your coming to visit?
If you want,i could get a few of us around to meet up for lunch or something...shoot me a PM if your interested

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Subsection 3 makes it fall into line with state law, IMO.

That being said, I've never been a fan of laws that use the exception of "as otherwise permitted by state law." I feel like they're misleading.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.nguyen

+1.

There are Local Ordinances like this, but I firmly believe that Laws/Ordinances involving RIGHTS be left to the State Government instead of Local Governments.

Tucker6900

Delhi twp. is Holt right?(just S. of Lansing)

I assume your coming to visit?
If you want,i could get a few of us around to meet up for lunch or something...shoot me a PM if your interested
I will be visiting in the next month or so. Ill get ahold of you before I do. My brother lives on N. Gunn, so I visit there quite often.