• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep. Michelle Litjens 56th State Assembly District - Pro Constitutional Carry

apierce918

I just got off the phone with Michelle Litjens who is our newly elected representative for the 56th state assembly. I had sent her an email with the WI Carry pamphlet and all of my contact info friday and she just called.

She said she is definitely for concealed carry. I made it a point that we are looking for Constitutional carry without permits, and asked if she was familiar with WI Carry. Yes on both counts.

I also asked about any info when this type of bill might be expected, and it sounds like this first main session is a little sketchy. Sounds like everything is job related ASAP, then the following period it sounded like new bills would be submitted with this type of stuff. They were expecting other issues like Voter ID in this first session with jobs, and she said even that sounds like it may be pushed back.

Regardless, it is a yay vote and sounded like she knew what the current views of pro-carry wisconsinites are too.

I probably would have asked a bit more, but she caught me off guard i was walking my two dogs.

Very friendly i might add as well.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Nice work ! My new Assembly guy, Chad Weinenger has also told me that he fully supports concealed carry & is looking into constitutional carry although his tone was very positive.

Last edited:

protias

One thing that we can point out to these people is that we ALREADY HAVE constitutional OC. Since taht is the ONLY way to do it currently per the constitution.
Technically speaking, we do not have Constitutional OC since we cannot carry in many place, like in your car, a bar, public buildings, 1000' of a school, and state parks.

jpm84092

Don't forget -

Technically speaking, we do not have Constitutional OC since we cannot carry in many place, like in your car, a bar, public buildings, 1000' of a school, and state parks.

And, Constitutional Carry (open or concealed) will not solve the GFSZ problem, or the in the car problem, or in the bar problem, or in the public building problem, or the State Park problem. The Federal Law is very specific that only those States who issue a permit based on a background check can exempt their (permitted) Citizens from the Federal GFSZ statutes.

What WI needs is a Castle doctrine that extends to the car (vehicle), a Constitutional Carry law that specifies that all Citizens who meet federal guidelines for owning a firearm are presumed to have passed a Federal Firearms Check once they have lawfully purchased a firearm from a FFL in WI, and a repeal of prohibitions against carrying in a public building or in State Parks. Language in the Constitutional Carry bill should make it clear that a person can carry in a Bar or other establishment that serves alcohol, if and only if, they are not "intoxicated" within the meaning of the State Driving Under the Influence laws of WI - this will cover both alcohol and "drugs".

Last edited:
M

McX

from what i saw in the local paper; the GOP is pushing the castle doctrine changes of law(s) in Wis. time will tell, if anything is presented. The events of the last few days have not helped matters though.