• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry City Hall Tour 01/16/11 Olivette

sohighlyunlikely

To Whom it may concern,

I will eating lunch at McDonalds at the corner of Olive & Dielman Rd on Sunday 1/16/11 at 12:30PM. Then going down the street to Take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the city hall/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Olivette has an ordinance that only allows OC with a CCW permit, but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere give me a call
Doc

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

I also don't have my CCW yet but I'll try and come out anyways. Just won't be carrying... :(

You and any one else who is not an OCer and would like to talk or see 1st hand an expression of our Constitution rights he on a local level. Plus there's always that slight chance a rogue LEO will come tackle me to the ground.

Doc

kylemoul

rabbit hunting saturday. i might show up but wont carry. see how cold or snowy it gets out.

dont like to drive in crap weather if i dont have to.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

OlivetteCityHall.jpg

cash50

Cool pic, I'm gonna try and head out with you guys soon.

Any curious onlookers, jaw droppers, or interesting questions while out?

sohighlyunlikely

Cool pic, I'm gonna try and head out with you guys soon.

Any curious onlookers, jaw droppers, or interesting questions while out?

There were a few people looking and seemed a little surprised but no shock or even a single question was asked. I think the must shocking thing was Superlite doing a BIGFOOT impersonation driving his truck up on a snow mound next to the police station.

Doc

Superlite27

That was a tiny little bump.

When I drove it up on one of the piles of collected snow in Cabela's parking lot, people actually stopped to watch with their chins on the ground.

(I kinda' surprised myself, as well. I figured it would plow into the mound and get buried. Who'da thunk that stuff was packed hard enough to support the weight of a vehicle?)

It was a complete pain in the ass trying to appear nonchalant as I climbed out and slid down the pile.

You should have seen the circus that ensued trying to climb back in after I was done shopping. For all the cool points I earned driving my truck up on a 6 foot pile of snow (It did look kinda' cool stepping out of Cabela's and seeing my truck.....LORD OF CABELA'S PARKING LOT....towering over everything else.) I think I lost them all as I slipped and scrambled up the pile only to have to jump like a child trying to flip a light switch in order to reach the door handle.

The ensuing fiasco of having to throw my merchandise into the truck and attempt to find a handhold on seat frame/floormat/brake pedal and pull myself through the dirt on the chest level door frame only served to put my cool points into negative numbers.

Yes. I know, Doc. I should be used to that by now. I can hear your thoughts, and they are so predictable.