Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Westboro to protest 9-year-old's funeral

Westboro to protest 9-year-old's funeral

And everyone else's, from what the interwebs say.

I have seen murmurings and calls to action for patriotic Americans to "form a barrier" at the funeral preventing these westboro lunatics from disrupting the services, including lawful open carry of sidearms.

Has anyone else heard anything about this, is anyone else planning to do this, and what are the legal issues to be aware of here?

Personally the idea of that poor little girl's funeral getting heckled sickens me to the core.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

"Protesting" what? That a child was murdered by a madman?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    "Protesting" what? That a child was murdered by a madman?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpkxo...layer_embedded

If this doesn't make you want to shoot your monitor I don't know what will.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

I know it is wrong but something inside of me says that if they do protest then let the nutjob out of jail, carry him to the funeral, give him his gun back and put a Gabriel Giffords mask on each one of them. Really, how low can you sink to protest at her funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by mFonz77 View Post

If they do protest that little girl's funeral (or any AZ funerals), I sincerely hope that the citizens of AZ will show up in mass numbers to run them off.

Those people have chugged a little too much crazy juice. Talk about mentally deranged.

Westboro

Not to give ya'll any ideas but when they showed up here in Oklahoma they ended up with four flat tires and had to call a tow truck from out of the area because no one would help them. They ended up having to go 40 miles away to get them fixed. Now don't get me wrong as I don't advocate violence of any kind and normally the bikers in the area usually surround them racing their engines to drown them out. What ever you do is up to ya'll

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Westboro's goal is to find a reason to file suit. Do not break the law, but yes there are ways of controlling/keeping them at a distance.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

This guy is more dangerous than Jared Loughner.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

If anyone roaming free on the streets are insane, its definitely those people.

They got the 1st Amendment right to say what they want.

And I got the 1st Amendment right to not listen to that drivel.

But then it's these kinds of people that sneakily and slowly take away our rights. Keep a sharp eye on them.

Just like Sheriff Dupnik should have kept an a sharp eye on Jaded Loughner.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

That POS is a real piece of work. There has to be something wrong in that guys head to be able to stand there and say what he said.

Founder's Club Member
    I wonder what he'd sound like if his comments were voiced in Arabic instead of English.

Yep, looks to me like we're looking at the Christian version of a jihadist imam, just one step short on the violence. Intolerance carried to an extreme.

I would not only assist in forming a shield fro these idiots, and not only would I be OCing, I would come with my AR-15 slung over my shoulder. a 9 year old little girl did nothing to assault their "faith." to cause a disruption to her family while they grieve at her funeral is an insult not just to liberty, but to humanity itself. Last time I checked, most cemeteries were privately owned property but open to the public, I'm sure anyone can be trespassed at the owner's will.

I also believe that this family could show that video to a judge and get a restraining order requiring the to be no closer than 1000 yards from the funeral.
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 01-11-2011 at 08:10 AM.

I can see armed bikers and hippies all standing between the funeral and the idiots. Seriously what is the point of protesting at a 9 year olds funeral? It's almost to the point that if you are having a funeral you need a blanket restraining order against this church.

I would like to OC and attend but I have no experience with these idiots and I'd rather not get assaulted by one of them and have to do something I'd rather not do. Probably best to stay home. Is anyone else planning on going?

Quote Originally Posted by billv View Post
    They got the 1st Amendment right to say what they want.

And I got the 1st Amendment right to not listen to that drivel.

But then it's these kinds of people that sneakily and slowly take away our rights. Keep a sharp eye on them.

Just like Sheriff Dupnik should have kept an a sharp eye on Jaded Loughner.
    Dupnik is a ****. That a fool like him has been in office so long calls into question the intellect of the community. Typical democrap pos. He's incompetent so has to find someone to blame to cover his own ass. **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I wonder what he'd sound like if his comments were voiced in Arabic instead of English.

Yep, looks to me like we're looking at the Christian version of a jihadist imam, just one step short on the violence. Intolerance carried to an extreme.
    Don't call him a Christian. His actions beget violence and his agenda is one of hate. Not Christian actions by any stretch of the imagination. The soldier's father who filed--and won, a massive lawsuit against these idiots had the right idea. The SCOTUS will hear the appeal under 1st Amendment grounds this year, I believe. He will lose and the phony "church" will be bankrupt. Your first amendment rights stop at the beginning of my natural rights is the argument that will carry the day. Inflammatory rhetoric and actions are not protected "free" speech. If I had been the soldier's father, his right to have teeth would have stopped at the point of my fist.

Freedom Riders

If ya'll have a group of bikers called the Freedom Riders, they are a group of Vets that are motorcyclists and usually lead any of our deceased vets to their final resting place. They have experience with dealing with these nut cases. They do it legally. If ya don't I'm sure you have enough cowboys out that a way that can use their horses to stand between them and the funeral proceedings. Git-er-done Arizona

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    . Inflammatory rhetoric and actions are not protected "free" speech. If I had been the soldier's father, his right to have teeth would have stopped at the point of my fist.
    Understand the feeling, but we all know (you too) that is exactly what these vermin want. The resultant criminal trial would go in their favor, to be followed obviously by civil action..
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Got-er-done Arizona

As I looked thru some of the print outs it looks like ya'll have angel wings and bikers already signed up to run interference as well as legislative action to keep them 300 feet away. Good on ya Arizona. Keep it legal.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Don't call him a Christian. His actions...
    Good point.

Honestly, local law enforcement should arrest them on charges of Disorderly Conduct. This section is not 'dead' in AZ, and is used regularly. Especially since their intent is to disrupt a private funeral.

ARS 13-2904. Disorderly conduct; classification

A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:

1. Engages in fighting, violent or seriously disruptive behavior; or

2. Makes unreasonable noise; or

3. UESES ABUSIVE OR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE OR GESTURES TO ANY PERSON PRESENT IN A MANNER LIKELY TO PROVOKE IMMEDIATE PHYSICAL RETALIATION BY SUCH PERSON; or

4. MAKES ANY PROTRACTED COMMOTION, UTTERANCE, OR DISPLAY WITH THE INTENT TO PREVENT THE TRANSACTION OF THE BUSINESS OF A LAWFUL MEETING, GATHERING, OR PROCESSION; or

5. Refuses to obey a lawful order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, a hazard or any other emergency; or

6. Recklessly handles, displays or discharges a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

I would like to OC and attend but I have no experience with these idiots and I'd rather not get assaulted by one of them and have to do something I'd rather not do. Probably best to stay home. Is anyone else planning on going?
    Most of their "church" are lawyers. They keep their distance and yell the most inflamatory garbage they can to incite people. Then they sue the jurisdiction for being "hostile" to them. That's how they fund their cause. I've seen them cancel plans when significant counterprotests are planned.

Quote Originally Posted by AZkopper View Post
    Honestly, local law enforcement should arrest them on charges of Disorderly Conduct. This section is not 'dead' in AZ, and is used regularly. Especially since their intent is to disrupt a private funeral.

ARS 13-2904. Disorderly conduct; classification

A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:

snip....

3. UESES ABUSIVE OR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE OR GESTURES TO ANY PERSON PRESENT IN A MANNER LIKELY TO PROVOKE IMMEDIATE PHYSICAL RETALIATION BY SUCH PERSON; or
    This overarches the legal doctrine of "Fighting words." They can also form the basis of criminal or civil actions for assault. These scum could be prosecuted/sued under this doctrine. Fighting words are not a defense for comitting assault and battery, but are actionable as an assault against whom they are directed. And signs--not just verbal activity, fall into the doctrine.

Is anybody here going to be attending the funeral? I was seriously thinking on going and supporting this human barrier. And lastly, would it be legal for me to openly carry my firearm at that location? Or even wise considering what happened? I personally think their is nothing wrong with me openly carrying, but other people might think differently and I don't want to offend anyone, I only want to show my support. (Yet at the same time protect myself and others)
    "It's better to be the worst of the best than the best of the worst"

"If problems persist, you'll need to install Tannerite in your computer, and then we can troubleshoot it"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast