• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westboro to protest 9-year-old's funeral

mFonz77

And everyone else's, from what the interwebs say.

I have seen murmurings and calls to action for patriotic Americans to "form a barrier" at the funeral preventing these westboro lunatics from disrupting the services, including lawful open carry of sidearms.

Has anyone else heard anything about this, is anyone else planning to do this, and what are the legal issues to be aware of here?

Personally the idea of that poor little girl's funeral getting heckled sickens me to the core.

PT111

I know it is wrong but something inside of me says that if they do protest then let the nutjob out of jail, carry him to the funeral, give him his gun back and put a Gabriel Giffords mask on each one of them. Really, how low can you sink to protest at her funeral?

UglyGun

gprod55

Westboro

Not to give ya'll any ideas but when they showed up here in Oklahoma they ended up with four flat tires and had to call a tow truck from out of the area because no one would help them. They ended up having to go 40 miles away to get them fixed. Now don't get me wrong as I don't advocate violence of any kind and normally the bikers in the area usually surround them racing their engines to drown them out. What ever you do is up to ya'll

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Westboro's goal is to find a reason to file suit. Do not break the law, but yes there are ways of controlling/keeping them at a distance.

Claytron

these idiots came up to maine fairly recently, right before the gay rights vote around november if i remember correctly. They came all the way here and called the protest off due to the overwhelming numbers of people showing up to protest them in response.

MK

If anyone roaming free on the streets are insane, its definitely those people.

billv

They got the 1st Amendment right to say what they want.

And I got the 1st Amendment right to not listen to that drivel.

But then it's these kinds of people that sneakily and slowly take away our rights. Keep a sharp eye on them.

Just like Sheriff Dupnik should have kept an a sharp eye on Jaded Loughner.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wonder what he'd sound like if his comments were voiced in Arabic instead of English.

Yep, looks to me like we're looking at the Christian version of a jihadist imam, just one step short on the violence. Intolerance carried to an extreme.

Nevada carrier

I would not only assist in forming a shield fro these idiots, and not only would I be OCing, I would come with my AR-15 slung over my shoulder. a 9 year old little girl did nothing to assault their "faith." to cause a disruption to her family while they grieve at her funeral is an insult not just to liberty, but to humanity itself. Last time I checked, most cemeteries were privately owned property but open to the public, I'm sure anyone can be trespassed at the owner's will.

I also believe that this family could show that video to a judge and get a restraining order requiring the to be no closer than 1000 yards from the funeral.

Last edited:

Uber_Olafsun

I can see armed bikers and hippies all standing between the funeral and the idiots. Seriously what is the point of protesting at a 9 year olds funeral? It's almost to the point that if you are having a funeral you need a blanket restraining order against this church.

mFonz77

I would like to OC and attend but I have no experience with these idiots and I'd rather not get assaulted by one of them and have to do something I'd rather not do. Probably best to stay home. Is anyone else planning on going?

Gunslinger

They got the 1st Amendment right to say what they want.

And I got the 1st Amendment right to not listen to that drivel.

But then it's these kinds of people that sneakily and slowly take away our rights. Keep a sharp eye on them.

Just like Sheriff Dupnik should have kept an a sharp eye on Jaded Loughner.

Dupnik is a ****. That a fool like him has been in office so long calls into question the intellect of the community. Typical democrap pos. He's incompetent so has to find someone to blame to cover his own ass. **** him.

Gunslinger

I wonder what he'd sound like if his comments were voiced in Arabic instead of English.

Yep, looks to me like we're looking at the Christian version of a jihadist imam, just one step short on the violence. Intolerance carried to an extreme.

Don't call him a Christian. His actions beget violence and his agenda is one of hate. Not Christian actions by any stretch of the imagination. The soldier's father who filed--and won, a massive lawsuit against these idiots had the right idea. The SCOTUS will hear the appeal under 1st Amendment grounds this year, I believe. He will lose and the phony "church" will be bankrupt. Your first amendment rights stop at the beginning of my natural rights is the argument that will carry the day. Inflammatory rhetoric and actions are not protected "free" speech. If I had been the soldier's father, his right to have teeth would have stopped at the point of my fist.

gprod55

Freedom Riders

If ya'll have a group of bikers called the Freedom Riders, they are a group of Vets that are motorcyclists and usually lead any of our deceased vets to their final resting place. They have experience with dealing with these nut cases. They do it legally. If ya don't I'm sure you have enough cowboys out that a way that can use their horses to stand between them and the funeral proceedings. Git-er-done Arizona

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
. Inflammatory rhetoric and actions are not protected "free" speech. If I had been the soldier's father, his right to have teeth would have stopped at the point of my fist.

Understand the feeling, but we all know (you too) that is exactly what these vermin want. The resultant criminal trial would go in their favor, to be followed obviously by civil action..