• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox Poll on gun laws

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are you in favor of stricter gun laws?

Yes 6.12% (1,650 votes)

No 93.88% (25,297 votes)

Roger Mosley Jr

93.93% - NO
6.07% - YES

They really need to figure out how to keep criminals from getting guns. Aint that the real issue and not more laws for those of us who abid by the laws?

muccione

93.93% - NO
6.07% - YES

They really need to figure out how to keep criminals from getting guns. Aint that the real issue and not more laws for those of us who abid by the laws?

This nut job was a law abiding citizen.. Until the shooting... Had there been several armed people/personal security in the crowd.. Who knows...

Roger Mosley Jr

This nut job was a law abiding citizen.. Until the shooting... Had there been several armed people/personal security in the crowd.. Who knows...

I agree. I just wonder if he had any signs of mental illness just prior to this? Usualy there is but the ones close to him may not have picked up on it. That can happen.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree. I just wonder if he had any signs of mental illness just prior to this? Usualy there is but the ones close to him may not have picked up on it. That can happen.

Quite a bit has been reported from multiple sources. He was caused to leave college in part over his emotional out bursts and could not return w/o an evaluation that showed he was not a threat to anyone.

Northerner

Now, I wonder if he even had an Arizona CHP (which may or may not have required a mental check) or he just had an Arizona Pistol Purchase Permit that probably didn't need a mental health check. Since he got the gun in November 2010, chances are he did not have a CHP. I wonder if that will be one of the charges along with the lot.

Roger Mosley Jr

Now, I wonder if he even had an Arizona CHP (which may or may not have required a mental check) or he just had an Arizona Pistol Purchase Permit that probably didn't need a mental health check. Since he got the gun in November 2010, chances are he did not have a CHP. I wonder if that will be one of the charges along with the lot.

According to Fox News the FBI did a check on him. I posted the link on a thread I started.

bom1911

I don't think a permit is required in AZ. They are constitutional carry I believe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
53% (1,857 votes)

No
94.47% (31,700 votes) <I voted NO..> Gun laws are too strict for the law abiding citizen

I think you are missing the decimal point on the "yes" votes. Should be 5.3%

Also the poll seems to have been replaced - guess the "NO" votes overwhelmed them.
icon14.png

M

mattwestm

These internet polls are pretty useless. Since Fox News targets the conservative crowd, one could only expect responses such as this. If MSNBC had the same poll, I bet the answers would be the complete opposite. I still voted anyways :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These internet polls are pretty useless. Since Fox News targets the conservative crowd, one could only expect responses such as this. If MSNBC had the same poll, I bet the answers would be the complete opposite. I still voted anyways :D

Most frequently I find that the results similar - they just get taken down and run through the shredder sooner. :lol:

Last edited:

KevlarCowboy

When is capital hill and the rest of the country going to realize that the gangsters, robbers, thugs and all around scum of the world don't give two sh_t's about the legal proceedings to acquire there guns and ammo. The people who brake the law don't care about the law, that's why they're breaking it to begin with.

I'm just tired of being lumped in with these jerkoff's because of a few bad apple's.

In my opinion its situations like these why people like us carry firearms to begin with, for the better chance of self preservation in the eyes of true evil.

nobama

Most of them do understand. They just have an agenda and they use the ignorant or stupid bed wetters to further it. There are some dumb a$$es in office for sure, but I blame the public for puting them in there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

How is any of this germane to the OP of this thread?

Not intended as a personal insult, but have always found the need to use colorful/curse words as a lack of good vocabulary - and it reflects poorly on the user too. Such words should be used judiciously lest they become common - pun intended. If you must express emotions thus, use the smiley provided.

I believe the poll has been pulled from the linked site in any event.

Last edited: