• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dewitt

Tucker6900

I sent an email to the local officials for the City of Dewitt. Here is the response that I got back today.

Dear Mr. Clark,

You are absolutely correct. Our officers have been extensively trained in the law regarding open carry and would not even consider the aforementioned city ordinance. I will be bringing this ordinance to the attention of the City Attorney so that it can be immediately removed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please be assured that this ordinance will be removed within 90 days and, as previously stated my officers are trained extensively regarding the right to open carry.

Respectfully,

Lawrence C. Jerue
Police Chief
City of DeWitt

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
We need more Chiefs with this kind of "can do" attitude.

Man - We need more Chiefs with this kind of "can do" attitude. Once the ordinance is changed I will not only send a thank you letter, I will also make a point of spending my money in Dewitt whenever I'm in the area.