• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must read from Karl Denninge'sr Market Ticker on Second Amendment.

riverrat10k

Karl runs a financial blog that by default bleeds into politics.

Replyed on another thread with this link but as I continued the article, it was so good I thought I would start a new thread on it. Quick quote and a link.

"The choice to return a man or woman to office who has acted against your direct desires is yours. The consequence of doing so is also yours. Again, there is no implication of the redress in The Second Amendment to be found therein - you have the right to request that your government abuse you, and if you return a man or woman to office after seeing a demonstration of said abuse at their hand you have no right of complaint.

In point of fact The Second Amendment exists for exactly one purpose when it comes to the use of arms against the government, and one time - the time when there is an election and the government that is deposed by that election refuses to leave their offices, or worse, the current government decides there is to be no election at all.

That is the only time when the use of the Second Amendment is justified for other than the personal defense of self."

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=176975

Sorry, can't fix headine Karl Denninger, of course.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
That's an interesting take, but it is blind.

Those who wait for it to get that bad, will find their guns aren't very useful anymore.

riverrat10k

Unfortunately, you may be right. But are you going first? That is the question. Not me.

What was the joke? If you get so pissed off you grab a gun and run out to your front porch and look up a down the street? If no one else is standing on their front porch, you are too early.