Thread: "Band of brothers" Major Winters dies @ Age 92.

"Band of brothers" Major Winters dies @ Age 92.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110110/...s_obit_winters

"Dick Winters was at the Vanguard of representing `The Greatest Generation' in bringing honor to all his Band of Brothers when he collaborated with Tom Hanks, Stephen Ambrose and me in the mounting of our tribute series," Spielberg said in a statement. "He would not have wanted this credit. He would have simply asked all of us to never forget how his generation served this nation and the world in WWII."

Here is a website dedicated to getting Maj. Winters a CMOH,i fully support him recieving the CMOH.
    http://www.majordickwinters.com/

Personally,ill be flying my flag at half staff for the remainder of the week.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

We all owe him and that entire generation a debt most of us don't even recognize.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

I spent twenty years in the military, but my time doesn't even begin to compare with what things were like back in the '40s.

My Mom some time talks about some of the stories her uncle related to her regarding his time on Tarawa. He was a Navy corpsman. I read a short story about Tarawa one time and got a little bit sick to my stomach.

I think I understand, just a bit, why most who served back then would rather not talk about it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

My heart felt condolences to him and his family.

I had the great honor of meeting him, and "Shifty" Powers, in the street between the Airbourne Musee' and the famous church in St. Mere-Eglise, France, during the 60th Anniversary of D-Day in June of 2004.

I was further honored by receiving one of the little Airbourne coins from the novelty shop in the museum from them as well.

Major Winters was the one who basically wrote the book on assaulting fixed enemy positions. His technique is still taught today in basic training, and is an everlasting testament to his tactical genius.

I am sure he is making Captain Sobel miserable in the afterlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

His fiixed firing position assault tactics are also required study at the Naval Academy, and Anapolis.
    Last edited by NRAMARINE; 01-13-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

The news of this hero's passing prompted me to reread George S. Patton's famous speech before the 3rd Army on June 5, 1944. Truly inspirational.