• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit This Poll

OrangeIsTrouble

Done.

Ridiculous, a lot of people around him sensed something was going to happen.

What can we do to make sure people who need help, receive the help that they need.

The million dollar question.

amlevin

This newspaper is located right in the middle of Liberal Democrat territory. Expect the majority to favor more regulation. "We" were up to 38% just moments ago. Considering the area, that's a pretty significant amount.

jbone

We're losing 80-20 right now! Yes, hit it!

I'll bet we do lose, the readership of this news source has to be taken in the account. Just as if the same pole were on FOX the pro-gun would take the poll.

I did vote.

Ruby

This poll is an outrage to gun owners in this country. The people who made up this poll knew that the majority of people would vote for stricter gun control after an event like this. Sounds like the work of the Brady bunch again. I watched an interview on a national talk show, can't remember the name of it, and there was only one person for stricter gun control. The rest recognized that this was the work of one deranged person and that stricter laws would not have stopped it. The current adminstration and Congress don't want to go anywhere near gun control or new gun control laws. Reasonable people realize that the shooter wasn't anywhere near what could be called a law abiding gun owner. Individual states may come up with some new regulation, but I don't look for it to come from the Feds, not with a Republican majority in the House. I am disappointed to see some people on this forum attach such importance to some anonymous poll. What will it prove? Whose mind would be changed? What does it matter? Who cares?!? I see far too much paranoia on this forum. Sad, really sad.

amlevin

This poll is an outrage to gun owners in this country.

Ruby-

What would you expect from a Poll conducted in a State that sends a moron like Charles Schumer to the Senate or a Crook like Charles Rangell to the House?

I would be more shocked to see a poll with results like this in a State like Idaho or Arizona. Nothing that the people of New York have to say surprises me in the least nor causes me outrage. I'd just ask that they keep their stupidty to themselves and stop "exporting" it.