• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit This Poll

Ruby

Ruby-

What would you expect from a Poll conducted in a State that sends a moron like Charles Schumer to the Senate or a Crook like Charles Rangell to the House?

I would be more shocked to see a poll with results like this in a State like Idaho or Arizona. Nothing that the people of New York have to say surprises me in the least nor causes me outrage. I'd just ask that they keep their stupidty to themselves and stop "exporting" it.

Why pay any attention to it at all? Given where it originated, the results are a forgone conclusion. I just think it's funny and sad that so many people are keeping up with what the percentage is in our favor, etc. With the Republicans in control of the House, a new gun control bill (national) doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of passing. I was just commenting on the fact that some people here think that this poll is important or that it means something.

Hammer

33/66 when I voted, but I don't even believe the #'s. A lib-tard newsrag like that would distort the #'s to their favor if it was 99% for. They can't be trusted and certainly don't print news, only opinions.

amlevin

Kinda like our election? ACORN wins.

A pragmatist might view the last Election as a wake up call for our country. Some have never really seen what BAD can be. When those who supported Obama and his "Gang of Thieves" end up getting it in the backside, just like the rest, maybe some will open their eyes and fix it in the next election. For some total brain death will prevent them from recognizing what has happened. For the rest, perhaps there's hope.

.45ACPaddy

Where's the "Current laws are good enough and need to be better enforced" option? The poll is obviously rigged. There's not much choice there. Strictly speaking of gun laws, I favor less gun laws. Whether there were more OR less gun laws than the few that are in Arizona, this guy would have perpetrated his crime. No amount of gun laws would have kept this guy from doing what he did. If anything, I support stricter ramifications for murder.

Ban "hi-cap" magazines? Wait, there was that bank shootout with drum magazines in California, where those kind of "high capacity" magazines are not allowed... Gun registration? Oh wait, some thug was just caught the other day after shooting someone with a stolen gun. All they know is who it was stolen from, which was very likely reported in the first place! Handgun ban? Oh wait, there's shootings in Chicago, where handguns are for all intents and purposes banned, with... wait for it... handguns!

Laws don't stop criminals, they only determine their sentence if and when they're caught.

The fact that this person maliciously murdered people and broke the laws which state that murder is illegal, makes all other laws irrelevant to the moment the crime took place. When that rat bastard sack of scum did what he did, law and morals became irrelevant. He didn't care what the law said. He wouldn't have cared if the most violent felons were legally able to own guns, or if nobody but the president could own guns. He was out for blood. If he couldn't get it from the shop, he would have acquired his gun from the streets.

Too many people blame the tool and not the operator in these kinds of tragedies. But you don't see people blaming the car in a DUI fatality, which has me confused as to the logic behind it. If someone can blame the driver in a DUI fatality, they ought to be able to blame the shooter in a shooting murder. Oh wait, that makes too much sense... we can't have that, now, can we? :confused:

We need to realize we can't stop EVERYONE. We won't stop every DUI fatality. We won't stop every murder. But we can sure as hell do a better job by enforcing current laws to their fullest extent. Murder = life sentence, that's what I say. Let him rot. That man's actions disgust me. They are not only a blatant abuse of firearms, but are a blatant disregard for human life and the value thereof.