• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI Force

Interceptor_Knight

Certain members have disparaged WI Force in the past, but this is from their latest newsletter.......
Personal Protection Bill
For the past year, WI-FORCE has been your voice in Madison helping to ensure that the citizens of Wisconsin maintain their Second Amendment rights. WI-FORCE's position has not changed: "Constitutional Carry" which, as it implies, is very close to the right as the Constitution guaranties, is the concept that we support. WI-FORCE has and is working to get the best possible bill passed. The key word is "passed." WI-FORCE is committed to getting the best bill possible that will allow the citizens of Wisconsin to exercise their constitutional rights.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Thanks. It does nothing to tear each other apart here and elsewhere. The antis will be doing that to us enough. There is one organization that never shows up in the Capitol but is constantly complaining about the one organization that does. That does nothing to advance the larger cause. A united front is a must to offset the coalition of antis that will be against us.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Thanks. It does nothing to tear each other apart here and elsewhere. The antis will be doing that to us enough. There is one organization that never shows up in the Capitol but is constantly complaining about the one organization that does. That does nothing to advance the larger cause. A united front is a must to offset the coalition of antis that will be against us.

Agree ! I am glad WI-Force is doing what they are doing.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I have a huge problem with the wording of their statement.

WI-FORCE has and is working to get the best possible bill passed. The key word is "passed." WI-FORCE is committed to getting the best bill possible that will allow the citizens of Wisconsin to exercise their constitutional rights. .

They folded and compromised to the point where we would have been in worse shape than we are right now.

They kept adding concessions on top of concession JUST TO GET THE BILL TO PASS!

I call bullschitt on those tactics! I would rather remain unable to legally conceal than to be restricted by all the concessions made in the failed PPA bill. Wi-Force is already greasing the skids for more compromise IMO

Anyone agree, and if not, please explain why.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Meh....
They've got a couple more organizations watching their every move this time. I don't think we have to worry about the tragedy that was the previous PPA for that reason and because less compromise is needed with the legislature and Governers mansion in conservative control. Not that we shouldn't be careful, but I'm willing to give anyone a chance to prove they have the same goals. We'll hear about it if they don't.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Meh....
They've got a couple more organizations watching their every move this time. I don't think we have to worry about the tragedy that was the previous PPA for that reason and because less compromise is needed with the legislature and Governers mansion in conservative control. Not that we shouldn't be careful, but I'm willing to give anyone a chance to prove they have the same goals. We'll hear about it if they don't.

^ this.

Interceptor_Knight

Meh....

The concessions were necessary at the time in order to get support of the Democrats. Instead of working on a first "law" again, we could be working on cleaning up what we do not like in a current PPA "law" if it were not for our then Governor and his veto. This is politics and anyone involved needs to have a perspective of reality and the stomach to negotiate..