Thread: I have an oc question.

I have an oc question.

Walmars policy is that whatever state law is in regards to carrying a weapon, that is what thier policy is. So you can OC in Walmart. However, they sell alcohol. So can you OC in Walmart?

My understanding is that the alcohol restrictions refer only to those businesses that serve alcohol for immediate consumption (taverns, resteraunts with bars, etc). The actual restrictions have been posted on here before by other members that are much more adapt at finding the laws and citing them than I. I believe the law actually refers to what class alcohol license the business holds.
    Also I believe the owner of the business with an immediate consumption license CAN allow open carry by expressedly saying so.
    Last edited by kawisixer01; 01-11-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: sloppy typing

thanks, I appreciate the info.

Very Correct kawisixer

Yes prohibited in a Class B alcohol establishment- Alcohol consumed on premises= restaurants etc, unless permission from owner, manager or license holder.
    OC is ok in a Gas station selling alcohol, a liquor store etc unless the business prohibits it.

Here is the reference
    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/Stat0941.pdf
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 01-11-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

+1 for getting a concise answer to this question.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.