Thread: Hitting the Trail

Hitting the Trail

Ok, boys and girls. I'm officially done with SC. I'm moving to AZ, and looking for a Job in the Sierra Vista area. I'm a Taxi Driver by trade, and will be looking for Laws in that direction. Drivers Lic. Taxi, etc. I'm going to live in Tombstone, and hopefully working in Sierra Vista, anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. I've had it with rampant violence and hookers and drug dealers. Another taxi driver, a friend of mine, got choked out and robbed with his seat belt, and I'm sick to death of this place. Please help me out guys, with web site listings, or any ideas that you can offer.

Welcome to Arizona. I hope things go your way.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

I know there is thriving "livery car" business in Sierra Vista...might wanna google that to get started. There are taxis here but the town is so small that it's mostly Joes (GIs) who go out drinking (at least based on my own experience). Best of luck, and when you get here send me a PM and I'll show you some great spots to go shooting...
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Quote Originally Posted by mFonz77 View Post
    I know there is thriving "livery car" business in Sierra Vista...might wanna google that to get started. There are taxis here but the town is so small that it's mostly Joes (GIs) who go out drinking (at least based on my own experience). Best of luck, and when you get here send me a PM and I'll show you some great spots to go shooting...
    I recently learned that there is a thriving business for taxi companies who transport people on the government dole to and from their medical appointments - all paid for by the taxpayers of Arizona.

While in Arizona everyone can carry a gun, I don't know what the laws are regarding cabbies and I suspect most oufits want you to be a disarmed victim. If anyone knows the law on that please let me know. It may be something we (AzCDL) would want to look into.

Welcome to Arizona.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    I recently learned that there is a thriving business for taxi companies who transport people on the government dole to and from their medical appointments - all paid for by the taxpayers of Arizona.

While in Arizona everyone can carry a gun, I don't know what the laws are regarding cabbies and I suspect most oufits want you to be a disarmed victim. If anyone knows the law on that please let me know. It may be something we (AzCDL) would want to look into.

Welcome to Arizona.

Fred
    I thank you all for the replies. As for being a disarmed victim? Thats how I got shot in the head in 1994. Not gonna happen again. They want me to drive a Taxi unarmed? They don't need a 23 year experienced Driver. They need a rookie who is willing to be worm food for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by mFonz77 View Post
    I will. And thanks. Good info. Sierra Vista sounds like about the same size as the City I'm in now. about 50k pop. Give or take.