• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Using "CONCEALED CARRY" in proposed legislation

Edward Peruta

BE ADVISED AND TAKE NOTICE

Thanks to Bob Crook and the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen and Attorney Rachel Baird who brought this to my attention.

The following proposed legislation would appear to advocate having reciprocity with other states, eliminate the need for the state to issue NON-RESIDENT permits and mandate for the first time "CONCEALED CARRY" in CT.

It's only a matter of time until someone moves to mandate concealed carry for everyone.

General Assembly
January Session 2011

Proposed Bill No. 5145
LCO No. 436

Referred to Committee on Public Safety and Security

Introduced by:

REP. SAMPSON, 80th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING THE CARRYING OF CONCEALED FIREARMS BY OUT-OF-STATE RESIDENTS.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:
That subsection (f) of section 29-28 and subsection (a) of section 29-35 of the general statutes be amended to permit any out-of-state resident to carry a concealed firearm in this state if said person holds a valid permit or license to carry a firearm issued by any state which has the same standards for age, background investigation and training as required by subsection (b) of section 29-28 of the general statutes.

Statement of Purpose:
To allow an out-of-state resident who holds a license to carry from another state to carry concealed firearms in this state.

Last edited:

buketdude

Good catch..Maybe someone should talk to Rep Sampson...from the intent of this bill I don't think he is anti-gun. If this bill comes up for consideration it could easily be amended to take out the word "concealed".....In all honesty though Malloy would never sign this..