Thread: The coming battle to Keep and Bear Arms, and Open Carry's role

The coming battle to Keep and Bear Arms, and Open Carry's role

A great article over on Ammoland .

Here is the part about open carry:

We need to unite, because we’re all in the same battle.

Open-carry proponents are protecting our right to concealed carry. ... This is the same battle – the same enemy.

For example, even if we don’t wish to carry openly, those who do are, in effect, returning us to our original norm. If we don’t wish to pick up that burden, we at least need to acknowledge the benefits they bring to strengthen our norm, and support their efforts. Many of our citizens - in fact, many gun-owners - do not fully understand the lies that have been propagated to create fear of us and our firearms. We need to change that.

Link: http://www.ammoland.com/2011/01/10/t...eep-bear-arms/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Open-carry proponents are protecting our right to concealed carry. ... This is the same battle – the same enemy.
    We're also the only visible reminder to the general public that freedom is never free, and requires sacrifice. I sacrifice the ease of mobility every time I head out the door, but what I gain in return is well worth the sacrifice.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.