• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most asinine proposed gun law yet

PDinDetroit

Can we place a tracking device on all lawmakers then and then give everyone a device to show them where the lawmaker is located at all times? Ya, that'll work real well. :banghead:

Yes, it will probably show they were visiting their "constituents" in "Red Light Districts" often...

scot623

What legislation can be written to protect Govt officials from having an airplane crash into them? I'm sure the folks at the Pentagon back in 2001 would have liked that covered.

Last edited:

TheQ

Can we place a tracking device on all lawmakers then and then give everyone a device to show them where the lawmaker is located at all times? Ya, that'll work real well. :banghead:

Only other way to ensure compliance is not to carry at all.

NHCGRPR45

Personally I like this idea best. Keeps you "In touch" with your elected officials!:banana: As activists and people who have a real need to be able to talk with those who WE put in office it would be GREAT!!! To pop in and have a casual conversation with them. We would of course need to have a way to not only know the location of said Employee but a solid way to be able to reach them, so we could advoid any "embarrassing" encounters.:p

NHCGRPR45

crossed posted

I think that is Rep. King's intent. I don't think that Joe, one of the people who tackled the shooter, would have been so willing to get involved if his ability to carry, due to his proximity to Giffords, would have been "prohibited".

http://tinyurl.com/2vltqpp

Indeed. Well done.
.................................................. .................................................. ...................
Friendly fire isn't. And its certainly something to have in the back of your mind should any of us ever end up in a situation like this. Unfortunately, IFF might not work like we all hope. Rules change on a 2 way range.

Onnie

so that would me if you cant bring a handgun withing in 1,000 feet of a government official, if a government official owned a handgun he could not bring it within 1000 feet of himself!

Michigander

I'd call that attempted Treason. Something all too plentiful when it comes to gun legislation.

Considering Heller and McDonald I can't imagine it could pass and be upheld, but if by some fluke it was passed I would consider our republic dead, with the 10th amendment gun law states being the last remnants of the USA.

protias

Well, let me expound on this. If you put a tracking device on these people, and everyone has a way to track them, then you'll have more assassinations (at least in a libs mind). More laws are not going to stop criminals. All you do is prohibit law abiding people from protecting them. I've been to a couple of tea parties and several people were carrying. Guess what? Not a single person was shot!

C

coolfrmn

Rep. Peter King, a Republican from New York, is planning to introduce legislation that would make it illegal to bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a government official, according to a person familiar with the congressman's intentions.

S U R E....:banghead: Because the "criminal" is going to say, "Uh Oh, I'm too close. I'm going to have to carry my gun back home & commit my crime another time." :banghead:

How stupid can these gun grabbing polititions be? :cuss:

Haman J.T.

Rep. Peter King, a Republican from New York, is planning to introduce legislation that would make it illegal to bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a government official, according to a person familiar with the congressman's intentions.

King is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee. The proposed law follows the Saturday shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and a federal judge that left six dead, including the judge, and 14 wounded.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the nation's most outspoken gun-control advocates, is backing King's measure and is expected to put the weight of his pro-gun-control organization behind it.

"Yesterday everyone here joined in observing a moment of silence on behalf of the victims of the shooting, and today we come together to speak up for ways to prevent tragedies like this from occurring in the future, by adopting common-sense fixes to some of our broken gun laws," Bloomberg said Tuesday. "Civil debate is important, and I've long spoken out in favor of more cooperation and less antagonism, but I think it's true that the more we learn, the more it becomes clear that this case is fundamentally about a mentally ill drug abuser who had access to guns and shouldn't have."

A spokesman for King wasn't immediately available for comment.
Back in 85',a Dem rep in MI introduced a bill to register BB guns.That was the begining of my pro-gun education on how legislation works.I've determined the Dems are predominantly anti-gun since then,with few exceptions!It amazes me when a Republican comes up with something as stupid!

Last edited:

KBCraig

Back in 85',a Dem rep in MI introduced a bill to register BB guns.That was the begining of my pro-gun education on how legislation works.I've determined the Dems are predominantly anti-gun since then,with few exceptions!It amazes me when a Republican comes up with something as stupid!
Jim and Sarah Brady were Republicans and NRA members.

NHCGRPR45

Stupidity knows no color boundries blue or red. :cry:

Haman J.T.

Jim and Sarah Brady were Republicans and NRA members.
Obviously Mr Brady lost his ability to think straight and the Misses took over with her emotions,which never comes out good because emotions trump truth and facts! Thats sad!

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Obviously we're approaching this incorrectly. Politicians would never vote to wear tracking collars. Nor should they.

What they should do is require all who have, are, or are going to commit a crime wear a tracking collar (with a remote detonator). That way the law abiding folks aren't impeded and the security detail's job gets much simpler.

Problem solved!

xmanhockey7

1. Why not just make a law that says something along the lines of it's illegal to kill someone unless you are acting in self defense??? But who the heck would vote for that?

2. If this does go through those pricks should have to wear bright yellow shirts and carry a sign over their head easily visible from 1,000 feet so anyone carrying will know they have to stay away.

NHCGRPR45

1. Why not just make a law that says something along the lines of it's illegal to kill someone unless you are acting in self defense??? But who the heck would vote for that?

2. If this does go through those pricks should have to wear bright yellow shirts and carry a sign over their head easily visible from 1,000 feet so anyone carrying will know they have to stay away.

Its strange you should say something to this effect. I do believe that I have heard a similar argument. I can't for the life of me, recal the precise conversation but Arts, Royal......Razor drink,,,,someone save me here. Funny hats???????;)