• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most asinine proposed gun law yet

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Obviously we're approaching this incorrectly. Politicians would never vote to wear tracking collars. Nor should they.

What they should do is require all who have, are, or are going to commit a crime wear a tracking collar (with a remote detonator). That way the law abiding folks aren't impeded and the security detail's job gets much simpler.

Problem solved!

No, they would put the tracking devices on the guns. That way, if they were to come within 1000' of us, they would send thier security details to come and arrest us.

Bronson

Radioman

Here is a thought on how to combat this. If they are really going to introduce it then we should mount an information campaign against it. We simply need to start sending in letters and/or emails daily asking what the officials schedule is for the following 24 hrs. Then when they cant get anything done or have to hire 40 more staffers to handle the responses maybe just maybe they might get the hint on this one. The only drawback would be this response would probably get you put onto a no-fly-watch-cavity search-whatever list. Oh well it was a thought. Time to send off a few letters expressing my opinions on the bill to my elected officials.

Radioman

PDinDetroit

Here is a thought on how to combat this. If they are really going to introduce it then we should mount an information campaign against it. We simply need to start sending in letters and/or emails daily asking what the officials schedule is for the following 24 hrs. Then when they cant get anything done or have to hire 40 more staffers to handle the responses maybe just maybe they might get the hint on this one. The only drawback would be this response would probably get you put onto a no-fly-watch-cavity search-whatever list. Oh well it was a thought. Time to send off a few letters expressing my opinions on the bill to my elected officials.

Radioman

I agree that we should fight misinformation with factual information.

We are probably on a few "lists" just by posting in online forums such as these.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
True, although I would vote to make politicians take 4 extensive polygraph tests per year.

Why not just just flip a coin; tails they are lying, heads they are telling the truth... it's just as accurate at roughly 50%. On the other hand, just assume that they are lying and keep the quarter.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

tbrenke

yea, a mistermeaner 1000 foot crime. that will keep them from committing murder and getting the lethal injection in AZ. great idea.

nonameisgood

Well, we now restrict speech within 300 feet of funerals, why not geographically restrict another provision of the Bill of Rights for someone's comfort and convenience?

What's the difference?