Thread: Pete King bill would ban guns within 1,000 feet of lawmakers

Pete King bill would ban guns within 1,000 feet of lawmakers

I would like a bill passed that would ban criminals from carrying a gun within 1000 ft of me.
    Opps, nevermind, criminals don't care.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1AkpK5q00
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

How are we supposed to know where lawmakers are at all times? Can we put a tracking device on them so we know?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I would like a bill passed that would ban criminals from carrying a gun within 1000 ft of me.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1AkpK5q00
    I would like to know why it is acceptable to suggest legislation that is in violation of their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. If one cannot see the problem with this, one should substitute any of the individual rights in place of the 2nd Amendment...

ban freedom of speech, press and religion within 1000 feet of a law maker...
    eliminate any requirements for search and seizure with in 1000 feet of a law maker...
    suspend habeous corpus within 1000 feet of a law maker...

Pete King is Constitutionally inept and unworthy of the office in which he was entrusted.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by gundude View Post
    i would like a bill passed that would ban criminals from carrying a gun within 1000 ft of me.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1akpk5q00
    bingo! +1000

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I would like to know why it is acceptable to suggest legislation that is in violation of their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. If one cannot see the problem with this, one should substitute any of the individual rights in place of the 2nd Amendment...

ban freedom of speech, press and religion within 1000 feet of a law maker...
    eliminate any requirements for search and seizure with in 1000 feet of a law maker...

Pete King is Constitutionally inept and unworthy of the office in which he was entrusted.
    Come on Condition3! Don't you know that their lives are much more precious than our commoner lives! I mean after all THEY make laws that we the unwashed masses get to obey.

I can't believe he would even verbalize this..it's absolutely absurd.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Dumb question: What is habeous corpus?? I didn't do so well in Goverment back in High School...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Dumb question: What is habeous corpus?? I didn't do so well in Goverment back in High School...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_..._United_States
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Habeas Corpus, in Latin, "to have the body," is a legal term originating from England back in the Middle Ages. It allows somebody that has been arrested to learn what he has been arrested for and to be brought before a judge. Individuals at Guantanamo Bay right now are not afforded the right of habeas corpus, because otherwise we'd have to charge them with something instead of just holding them (illegally) forever.

As you can see from this article, habeas corpus has been under severe attack since the "war on terrorism" began. The Supreme Court has repeatedly slapped the other two branches of government around saying that they cannot do what they are doing, that they are violating the constitution. Needless to say, the past decade has been a horrible example of how human rights are supposed to work, and our federal government has turned a blind eye over the variety of civil rights violations they have promoted. The Supreme Court, however, has done a pretty good job at consistently telling the feds that they are complete idiots.

I propose we ban lawmakers 1000' from guns