Thread: Magazines on a Belt??

Magazines on a Belt??

Ok, so i know Open Carry is legal...even in this nazi state...however, let's just say that i am going to the Post Office (where it is not legal to carry).

Can I park in the street...Lock my weapon in an CA DOJ approved locking container in my car (leaving the magazines on my belt) and then walk into the PO (without the weapon?)

Or do the Mags need to be locked too?

how about when driving through a SZ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Narced_1 View Post
    Ok, so i know Open Carry is legal...even in this nazi state...however, let's just say that i am going to the Post Office (where it is not legal to carry).

Can I park in the street...Lock my weapon in an CA DOJ approved locking container in my car (leaving the magazines on my belt) and then walk into the PO (without the weapon?)

Or do the Mags need to be locked too?

how about when driving through a SZ?

Thanks.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Post office property is cosidered a secure area, similar to one in an airport. No guns allowed concealed or UOC. people vs. Hale found that a mag is considered part of a weapon.
    Driving through a GFSZ? Lock it all up.
    I wouldn't want to be a test case.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Post office property is cosidered a secure area, similar to one in an airport. No guns allowed concealed or UOC. people vs. Hale found that a mag is considered part of a weapon.
    Driving through a GFSZ? Lock it all up.
    I wouldn't want to be a test case.
    No, People v Hale found that a concealed full magazine IN THE PRESENCE OF AN UNLOADED HANDGUN = PC 12025 violation.

People v Hale is also only a California Case and has no legal bearing on the Federal definition of a firearm.