Thread: Congressman Peter King wants to ban guns within 1000' of a guvment offisheel

Thumbs down Congressman Peter King wants to ban guns within 1000' of a guvment offisheel

http://online.wsj.com/article/APeaa3...4f55d398c.html

NEW YORK — Long Island Republican Rep. Peter King says he plans to introduce tough new gun safety legislation in Congress.

King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials.

King appeared at a Manhattan event Tuesday with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They were discussing ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

King, a Long Island Republican, chairs the House Homeland Security Committee. His announcement comes after the mass shooting in Arizona on Saturday that killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

—Copyright 2011 Associated Press

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post

NEW YORK — Long Island Republican Rep. Peter King says he plans to introduce tough new gun safety legislation in Congress.

King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials.

King appeared at a Manhattan event Tuesday with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They were discussing ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

King, a Long Island Republican, chairs the House Homeland Security Committee. His announcement comes after the mass shooting in Arizona on Saturday that killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

So he really wants to keep criminals 1000' away from himself, and other "valuable" people. Maybe he should submit that suggestion instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    So he really wants to keep criminals 1000' away from himself, and other "valuable" people. Maybe he should submit that suggestion instead.

So, let's say someone wants to break a law, but they can't because they're would be a law preventing them from breaking the law. Makes perfect sense.

Here's an idea..............have the "officials" recognize that we all have the right, and the responsibility to protect ourselves. Explain to them that they are not special, deserve no special treatment, and should look to themselves for their own security. You and I are often belittled and mocked because we take personal responsibility for our safety, and the safety of our families. What's the government's answer? Infringe on our rights to make themselves feel better. What about the other people who die every day at the hands of drug dealers and carjackers? You only hear this kind of crap when one of the "elite" are introduced to the realities we live with everyday. The shooter is a communist psycho. No law in heaven or earth would have stopped him. Like 'ol Rahm said, never waste a good crisis. They are using this horror to push a political agenda.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

He sounds like one of the former prim minister of Australia, John Howards mate. John Howard baned firearms and carried one himself, not to mention his gaggle of heavily armed security guards which followed him ever where he went. He even wore a bullet proof vest when addressing farmers in Queensland after the ban. Imagine a prim minister who distrusted the law abiding citizens of the country he led so much he felt he had to wear armour. Haz.

On "Hardball" on MSNBC, Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver just stated:

"Knowing how Members of Congress misuse their tongues, I can imagine what would happen if they had guns..."

Apparently, Rep. Cleaver believes that his fellow Congressmen are going to be morphed into a bunch of homicidal maniacs if they exercise their fundamental human right of self defense.

Sick. This guy is just a sick, sick sad little man, who is obviously projecting his leftist rage against the rest of humanity. He should be put under psychological observation...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-11-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I'd prefer that politicians be banned from getting within 1000 feet of the public.

"King appeared at a Manhattan event Tuesday with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They were discussing ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Correction, they were discussing how to disarm honest Americans.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    I'd prefer that politicians be banned from getting within 1000 feet of the public.

"King appeared at a Manhattan event Tuesday with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They were discussing ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Correction, they were discussing how to disarm honest Americans.
    Of course. The honest, law-abiding Americans are more of a threat to their power than the criminals are. As long as we are armed and able to defend ourselves and our families, we do not have the level of dependency on the government that would give these politicians the level of power they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    On "Hardball" on MSNBC, Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver just stated:

"Knowing how Members of Congress misuse their tongues, I can imagine what would happen if they had guns..."

Apparently, Rep. Cleaver believes that his fellow Congressmen are going to be morphed into a bunch of homicidal maniacs if they exercise their fundamental human right of self defense.

Sick. This guy is just a sick, sick sad little man, who is obviously projecting his leftist rage against the rest of humanity. He should be put under psychological observation...
    Very true.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Can I say this in any more polite of way? Congressman Peter King is an IDIOT, period, bar none. He's a MORON. How in the world was he ever elected to office?

I'm sorry, but this is perhaps just about the most polite way I can my sentiments about this idiot, er, person.

Yes, this id... er, "person" is that brainless. What a tool, period, bar none.

I think the vast majority of you who know me best know that for me to share this level of sentiment with you that I must really feel very strongly about it!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

E-mail the the "King" - I did - Caution : Just be sure you don't use any of "those" "inciteful" words that might penetrate his elitist "bubble".

Oh - maybe another e-mail to John Boener suggesting another choice to chair the HS committee. I don't think THIS GUY is what the voters had in mind in November when they handed the GOP the House.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 01-12-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post

I have the ultimate solution. Since 'they' obviously think that if there were just one more law criminals would stop their illegal acts, why don't we just make a law stating crimes are illegal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    E-mail the the "King" - I did - Caution : Just be sure you don't use any of "those" "inciteful" words that might penetrate his elitist "bubble".

Oh - maybe another e-mail to John Boener suggesting another choice to chair the HS committee. I don't think THIS GUY is what the voters had in mind in November when they handed the GOP the House.
    Yes, writing the congressman is the rational way to go.

Name-calling, on the other hand, does nothing to help our side of the debate.

So does that mean that when NC Congressman Heath Shuler is carrying concealed that he can't come with 1000' of NY Congressman Peter King?

And replace Peter King in *they* in my signature below...
    Last edited by billv; 01-12-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?