• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1000 Feet

BROKENSPROKET

I have an idea

It should work for Repubicans and maybe pro A Democrats. Use facebook, twitter, email list everytime that they will be a a public event requesting law abiding citizens who carry to be present to serve as volunteer security. If the theory that OC deters cirme. Several of us at any event should prevent another political assination. They might get a shot off but they should know that they won't get many at all before the curtain closes on them.

I don't think there would ever be a political assignation at a Tea Party event. Every one I have been to has had several people carry.

What do you think?

HandyHamlet

I would like to see a ban on Legislators being within 1,000 feet of our tax money.

Last edited:

Big Dipper

It should work for Repubicans and maybe pro A Democrats. Use facebook, twitter, email list everytime that they will be a a public event requesting law abiding citizens who carry to be present to serve as volunteer security. If the theory that OC deters cirme. Several of us at any event should prevent another political assination. They might get a shot off but they should know that they won't get many at all before the curtain closes on them.

I don't think there would ever be a political assignation at a Tea Party event. Every one I have been to has had several people carry.

What do you think?

Nice in theory. But just think about the LEOs trying to sort out good guys and bad guys when there is more than one shooter involved at such an event. What if you miss the BG and hit a LAC that is nearby? What if there are multiple BGs?

LR Yote 312

I dont get it. Why is it always 1000 ft ??

It hasnt worked for school zones,drug dealers,pedophiles
and anything else they want to try to control.

So whats the reasoning behind the magic number ?

Whats the love affair with this magic number thats
supposed to stop all forms of crime??

LR Yote

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Here's the deal....

Ask them, once this law is passed how soon can we get rid of secret service details for POTUS and the succession? I mean, if you can't have a gun within 1,000 ft of them they can't be in any danger right? Then, make them add the reduction of secret service protection as an amendment to the law. It'll save us money!

They'll answer, that it would be crazy. EXACTLY!!!!!! Why? Because the law does absolutely nothing. Idiots. Proof positive that this law will do nothing to stop a criminal from breaking the law so even thinking about it is completely asinine.

hardballer

A 1000 feet. Right... One Thousand whole feet. Hmmm... When younger, I enjoyed plinking clays with my .357 at somethin just over 300 yards. At first with iron sights and later with a red dot when my eyes weakened. All day long with a 12 gauge slug gun and I won't even bring up a Remington 700 with a nice mil dot reticle scope in the 6.5X20X50 range...

What a joke. How 'bout we make sure that when the crazy flag starts waving, we take care of that person? How 'bout that...?

CenTex

Ten feet, one hundred feet, one thousand feet, ten thousand feet..., it doesn't matter the distance. Distance is not the issue when you are dealing with reality. Reality is that if a person wants to kill someone, they will try anything they think will work to accomplish it. The Arizona assassin thought that walking right up to the Congresswoman was the way to do it. Any laws that were written to make it illegal to willfully kill someone other than for self-defense meant nothing to him.

If this King bill were to pass, the only potential that it has is to make more and more law-abiding citizens into criminals. That seems to be all the politicians are able to accomplish. More laws...more criminals, followed by more laws...more criminals. I am waiting for the day that sitting in my recliner "for the purpose of relaxing" will become against the law. I would be regarded as a worthless citizen contributing nothing for the "good of the state."

Sigh!

hardballer

Ten feet, one hundred feet, one thousand feet, ten thousand feet..., it doesn't matter the distance. Distance is not the issue when you are dealing with reality. Reality is that if a person wants to kill someone, they will try anything they think will work to accomplish it. The Arizona assassin thought that walking right up to the Congresswoman was the way to do it. Any laws that were written to make it illegal to willfully kill someone other than for self-defense meant nothing to him.

If this King bill were to pass, the only potential that it has is to make more and more law-abiding citizens into criminals. That seems to be all the politicians are able to accomplish. More laws...more criminals, followed by more laws...more criminals. I am waiting for the day that sitting in my recliner "for the purpose of relaxing" will become against the law. I would be regarded as a worthless citizen contributing nothing for the "good of the state."

Sigh!

Yup!