• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bossier City

HeroHog

Anybody carry around that area? What's the general response around there?

• Open Carry is legal.
  • Not all cops are aware of that.
  • Follow the law!
  • Have a voice recorder running throughout the entire stop!
  • You have the right to an attorney and to be silent, USE THESE!
  • Do NOT agree to be searched or have your car searched!
  • DO be respectful and do NOT resist or cop an attitude!
PS: Those danged ADs on the first post are a huge PITA and make reading those posts a PITA!

-David

airplane_goodluck.jpg

whoopingllama

No, I wasn't going to be able to make it. Which I guess may be obvious now. :p But why are you asking if this is a joke. I generally OC whenever I can. But I'm from Denham Springs. I had to go to Bossier today to do some work there. Very long drive of course, and in a car that may very well just die soon. I understand all things I need and should do as I OC. I just know that there are some places that it doesn't go over so well with the locals such as New Orleans.

HeroHog

7:45 PM I am there and ready. Rory was very nice and accomidating and I have the meeting room to myself.

8:00 PM Just me. I'm starting to sweat.

8:08 PM Still alone, I order my food. The Cold Slaw and Hush-Puppys are great, the beans are good, just a touch spicy, didn't try the pickled `maters. It is a VERY slow night in the place overall.

8:15 PM Food arrives piping hot fresh out of the grease and Perfectly cooked and seasoned! I'm still alone.

8:30 PM I give up, settle up my bill and arrange to try again on a Saturday Evening. Left a good tip and called it a night.

20110112-01.jpg

20110112-02.jpg

20110112-03.jpg

20110112-04.jpg

20110112-05.jpg

georg jetson

Ok... North La. OCers... time to get busy. Do what ya'll can and make a showing next time.

Thanks HeroHog for taking the time. Hopefully you'l.l give 'em another chance soon... :)

Last edited:

sraacke

Whooping,
Sorry if I came off rudely in my answer. I was just a bit thrown off by your post. You've been on the forums long enough to know the score. While OC is legal in La you know that there are both good and bad experiances encountered by nearly everyone. Just last week some guy posted about harrassment by a 26 at a Shreveport truckstop. OCers have gotten (and post) replies from the S'port Chief of Police saying that OC is legal but we still get reports like this from time to time. Not just in S'port but in NO, BR, Hammond, EVERYWHERE.
By the way, you live in Denham Springs? When are you going to make it to one of the monthly meetings in LaPlace and join LOCAL. We have lots of stuff going on and are planning for a table at the Kenner gunshow in June. The more members we have the better. We'd love to have you onboard.

whoopingllama

I've been meaning to try to make one of the meetings for a while. I know I get and see reminders about them. But my schedule is such a day by day thing, it's hard for me to plan on making stuff like that. And when I do end up with time to make one, I usually forget until it's too late. Of course, this is a pretty lame excuse but unfortunately it doesn't make it any less the truth. lol. I do intend to make one of them at some point though. I would like to help out as I can for sure.

KBCraig

Like I've said in the other threads, weeknights are out for me, but I salute you for stepping up.

Don't give up, HeroHog! You're talking about ArkLaTex folks here, where habits die hard.

HeroHog

I don't give up THAT easily! I will do it again. I just wanted to see the feedback and suggestions from this 1st attempt first.