• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UK privatization of police farce

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The way I see it, the problem is liability (or lack thereof).

How can the greatest responsibility be placed with the least chance of it being shirked?

Currently, it seems that government does anything it likes with impunity. Making private actions seem a whole lot nicer by comparison.

Either way, what we need is liability (civil and criminal), and lots of it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Interesting how once again so called Libertarian minded people embrace Nazism as a great idea. Their profound ignorance of history again rears it's ugly head.

In Nazi Germany the SS was a private Police force. The key tenants of Fascism is where Government and Corporations merge as one. hell even the Movie Robo Cop tried to point out the error in that thinking, and obviously it failed. Somalia is a good modern day example on what private Police forces become. Now we just call them War Lords. I fear for the fools that Parade around as all knowing trumpeting idiocy as a solution to stupidity, as soon we will loose this country to a feudal system where Private forces will once again tear the fabric of a once great society.

I suggest that once in a while one might remove their faces from gun web sites and learn a little history, maybe try it from an actual book as opposed to some morons opinions on a web forum where the harshest standards are proper political correctness.

And which history book did you open for these gems of comic relief? Fascism is not the same as Nazism. Not even close, although they are hard to distinguish in terms of result. The merging of corporations and the state was a tenet of Fascism, not Nazism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
Italian Fascism and most other fascist movements promote a corporatist economy whereby, in theory, representatives of capital and labour interest groups work together within sectoral corporations to create both harmonious labour relations and maximization of production that would serve the national interest. However, other fascist movements and ideologies, such as Nazism, did not use this form of economy.

If your definition of fascism references the Italian model, as mine does (and yours seems to), then the Nazis were not fascist. (The Italian model is fine for a definition since the actual word "fascism" was coined by Mussolini for the Italian system.) Either way your history is bunk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS

The Waffen-SS were the armed wing of the NSDAP, which was itself constituted as the official party of the Reich with the passage of Gesetz gegen die Neubildung von Parteien of July 14, 1933, or "Law against establishment of political parties", essentially meaning the the Nazi Party were the government. There is no legitimate way by which it may be argued that the SS were a "private organization".

You may be thinking of the SA (Sturmabteilung "Storm department", the so-called "brownshirts), but they too were a wing of the NSDAP. This would be like claiming that, if the Democratic Party began putting on costumes and beating people who vote Republican, they were a "private police force". "Lawless gang of thugs bent on seizing government power" would be more accurate.

Or, since neither of the above were actually police at all, you may be thinking of the so-called "Gestapo", the Nazi secret police. Initially, the Gestapo were not part of the SS, but were considered part of the SiPo (Sicherheitspolizei or "security police"), but later became part of the RHSA (Reichssicherheitshauptamt, or "Reich (Imperial) Main Security Office"), which may be considered part of the SS, thanks to both being headed by Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler. Incidentally, Gestapo is short for Geheime Staatspolizei, or "Secret State Police". If the references to "State" and "Reich" aren't enough, I'll make it clear: these were unambiguously governmental agencies.

Is that enough history-book-opening for you?

But, no offense, you're a "bail enforcer". I wouldn't expect you to spend much time "opening history books", nor does the statist slant you've put on everything surprise me (Somalian warlords? Are private police? Excuse me while the hilarity subsides.) So I'll forgive the slew of B.S. you just spouted. I'll also forgive your appeal to an absurdly terrible movie for your understanding of history and political theory.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The way I see it, the problem is liability (or lack thereof).

How can the greatest responsibility be placed with the least chance of it being shirked?

Currently, it seems that government does anything it likes with impunity.

And when we object, we're often arrested and thrown in jail for bucking the system."

Making private actions seem a whole lot nicer by comparison.

Either way, what we need is liability (civil and criminal), and lots of it.

Bingo. Very nice analysis. We can begin by working to eliminate immunity. Hold them accountable, at all levels. If Congress can't balance the budget, take it out of their salaries, first. Etc.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
We can begin by working to eliminate immunity. Hold them accountable, at all levels. If Congress can't balance the budget, take it out of their salaries, first. Etc.

Amen, brother. We need to start eliminating immunity from top to bottom. The concept is an archaic monarchial one, and in a modern society where government provides a slew of (read: too many) "services", its abolition is an absolute must if any of these "services" are to be rendered as such.

Last edited: