• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: Settlement won't change police response to reports of weapons

HandyHamlet

How were you dressed today ? Were you wearing a tacticool drop leg thigh holster ? Camo Pants ?
sometimes it helps to look like you could be a cop. Nice clothes, flat top hair cut, clean shaven. The key to not dealing with cops is to blend.

oh boy...

Never assume for the obvious reasoning.

Zeus

Glock34, I think you should be on the plane to ATL this weekend. Big game ya know :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
it's funny, the article sounds like the police are begging the public to be more accurate and correct in their reporting, so they can be more accurate and correct in their responses.

What is omitted is that the police, upon arriving, can just make their own observation.

No brandishing, no shooting, then no RAS (unless something is alleged by a caller who also meets whatever are the courts' standards for indicators of reliability). No RAS? Then, consensual encounter only.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I think this comes from the cops themselves trying to say that's the reason they must harass OC'ers however; I don't think there is any liability there for failure to respond; only screwing up while responding.

Public criticism and the chief's political liability (which will roll downhill if something happens) are more likely the liability concern. The cops know full well they are not legally liable.

[sarcasm]:

"Ooooh, yesssss. That's right Officer. Public criticism or political hot water for the chief if something did happen after a failure to investigate definitely outweigh these principles:

No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law.
Union Pac. R. Co. v. Botsford

...the right to be left alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men. Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US.

Oh, yes! The embarrassment of police is much more important than those principles.

[/sarcasm]

oliverclotheshoff

we should not have to look a certain way or dress a certain way to not be harrassed by LEO we should be allowed to be who we and not be harrassed this falls into the shall not be infringed category IMHO

How were you dressed today ? Were you wearing a tacticool drop leg thigh holster ? Camo Pants ?
sometimes it helps to look like you could be a cop. Nice clothes, flat top hair cut, clean shaven. The key to not dealing with cops is to blend.

Not saying you did anything wrong, but I have yet to have any type of a run in with LEO. because I look like I could be one. 6'6" 290, Military style hair cut, etc.

protias

If you want to talk about looks, then why was I harassed?

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
If you want to talk about looks, then why I harassed?

Because you look like a DOC employee instead of a cop bringing back bad memories for those who started out working in a jail. It redevelopes repressed high school attitudes in the cops as they were probably popular jocks back in the day and they just must pick on the freshman....:lol:

Yeah, that's a totally made-up conclusion...........

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Honestly this ticks me off, Brookfield police promise to trample your rights if you carry a gun. You know just as well as I do there will be no casual drive by to see what you are doing, they will stop you, question you and after detaining you decide if your free to go. Making you feel like a criminal for doing what is legal and a undeniable right. They must take their cue's from the Nazi handbook on how to repress your rights.

protias

Honestly this ticks me off, Brookfield police promise to trample your rights if you carry a gun. You know just as well as I do there will be no casual drive by to see what you are doing, they will stop you, question you and after detaining you decide if your free to go. Making you feel like a criminal for doing what is legal and a undeniable right. They must take their cue's from the Nazi handbook on how to repress your rights.
Sounds just like Madison eh?

bigdaddy1

There's hope for Madison now that the fascist is gone. The police tend to take their cue's from the political environment, and Walker should be more pro-rights.

protias

There's hope for Madison now that the fascist is gone. The police tend to take their cue's from the political environment, and Walker should be more pro-rights.
One can only hope. I don't know what, but even in small towns, a lot of them are controlled by libs. What is that? :confused:

hardballer

If you want to talk about looks, then why was I harassed?
You've got that certain, college student, young executive, completely innocent look going on. If you would squint your eyes more, like Clint does, it would help... :))

This police force needs to meet a lawyer who eats sharks for lunch. They need to be slapped down hard with a $100,000.oo plus lawsuit. That happens anywhere in this state and Muni leaders will put an abrupt end to this fascist BS.

XDFDE45

"Get off my lawn!"
This works MUCH better :p.
securedownload7.jpg

AaronS

This police force needs to meet a lawyer who eats sharks for lunch. They need to be slapped down hard with a $100,000.oo plus lawsuit. That happens anywhere in this state and Muni leaders will put an abrupt end to this fascist BS.

I agree 100%. Fact is that I don't know if I have all of the money it takes to make a good fight though. Lawyers take a lot of cash...
If would have to ask WCI to try to help me, I would at that time have to do what ever the WCI lawyers tell me to.
I would take it as far as I could, and I agree that more cash from the local Gov. would put a stop to this stuff, but I would have to follow the lawyers choice...
Guess we have to wait for the "Fab 5" case to see if it turns out higher this time.
As far as I know the WCI team has not lost any case. So I do tip my hat to all of them. I wish we didn't need them, but I think we do. After all, who else is going to try to help us out in time of need? 100% worth the price of membership.
Sad thing is looking at how hard just this forum is to run, I can only guess at all of the work it takes to run WCI, and have face to face stuff all the time. I just hope we all act a little nicer to each other when we sit at the same table to break bread.