Thread: The Anti's Are Using The Opinion Pages

The Anti's Are Using The Opinion Pages

In the wake of the shooting in AZ the anti's are starting to get letters printed in the local papers opinion page. This might be a good time for all of us to write a letter to our papers editor and voice our opinions. I know the antis will never understand that the laws only affect the law abiding but if we can get others to start thinking in that direction all the better. With ccw just arround the corner making people aware might be a good thing. Lets use every available option to spread our message. It would be cool for papers all arround the state to be printing our thoughts and opinions daily.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

No one reads newspapers anymore, that's why they're all going belly up.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    They are also printed on line and accessible to everyone.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    They are also printed on line and accessible to everyone.
    Our is subscription only, even online.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Green Bay paper is nothing but a Liberal rag anyways, read only by Liberal Dems...let them write letters to them selves.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I have tried sending stuff to the Opinion Pages, at one point as an employee of the Journal/Sentenal, and they don't want to hear about what people like us have to say. Fear sells papers. Reality closes businesses.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Geeze. What a bunch of nay-sayers! Chatting up this site does very little but allow you to discuss the topic with LIKEMINDED folks. When you get the word out to the general public you have a chance to reach many people who are either indifferent or on the fence about the topic. The more they see about the topic the more it become "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Well, if nobody read that paper at all how would they even be able to print it. Someone reads it and it is more than likely older folk who probably support the cause and don't realize we need their help.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    The Green Bay paper is nothing but a Liberal rag anyways, read only by Liberal Dems...let them write letters to them selves.
    You're right they're almost all liberal rags but it's not just liberals that read them. How many post do you see on this site from liberal papers. Huh, looks like the non-dems read them too an when all folks see is anti gun rhetoric they think that's all there is and just fall in line. I think Johnny Amish is right. We need more 2A rhetoric!

Thanks JA

There was a whole raft of anti-gun letters in yesterdays Wisconsin State Journal. The WSJ has been trending left the last few years, so no surprise. The letter from the ex-military (I won't say vet) who bragged about earning the marksman badge and thought the 2nd Amendment should be changed is a ********* though. He obviously was not in any combat associated position, if he though "marksman" was something special.

+1 to Johnny Amish. Yes most are liberal rags and yes most probably won't print pro-gun letters, but that's no reason to completely dismiss them.

Campaign Veteran
    Several opinion letters I've written have been published in my local "newspaper" the Rapid City Journal, including one in response to the Ft. Hood shooting. The links are located in posts in the SD forum...

To date I have had 7 letters printed in the LaCrosse tribune and the trib. is as left as all of them. Sent another one out yesterday. If we don't start using every resource available to us we don't stand a chance, the anti's wont let up and we shouldn't either. Every letter won't be printed but everyone that does helps energize like minded people to do the same as us. We need to step out of our comfort zone and push hard. If we don't bring our message to the public then I have to wonder who will?
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Well the trib printed my letter, even though they lean left.
    This article started several conversations at work today that would not have otherwise happened. All good. The comments on the article also suggests as Canard pointed out that conservative pro-gunners read the paper and are willing to engage the anti's. If we want to win this debate with the anti's we have to be willing to engage them every chance we can.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/opin...cc4c03286.html
    Last edited by johnny amish; 01-13-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Ella Wheeler Cox