• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Situational awareness, allergies and other maladies for the common man

jt59

Dr. is probably the best but...I too have allergies and recently my left ear was plugged up. I thought it would go away but after about 2 weeks and it didn't get better I started to flush my ear with hydrogen peroxide (3%) and warm water. I flushed it out 2-3x a day for 3 days and my ear recovered and has been fine since.

Another simple home remedy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_candling

I've seen this done....it warms excessive ear wax and draws it out.....about a quarter pound....cleared up the hearing issue on the person.

These are a couple of home remedies worth trying, but you really need to go to a doctor. If you don't have one, Doc in a Box visits are pretty inexpensive....like other suggestions here, if you don't have wax on the outside of the drum, you likely have an ear infection, water build up on the inside or a sinus infection....that only a course of anti's (biotics) can cure.

Dain Bramage

Yada,yada,yada. Go see a doctor. The time for home remedies would have been a couple of months ago.

Had a similar thing happen. My doctor blasted the acretion out with a Water Pik.

Tawnos

Another simple home remedy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_candling

I've seen this done....it warms excessive ear wax and draws it out.....about a quarter pound....cleared up the hearing issue on the person.

These are a couple of home remedies worth trying, but you really need to go to a doctor. If you don't have one, Doc in a Box visits are pretty inexpensive....like other suggestions here, if you don't have wax on the outside of the drum, you likely have an ear infection, water build up on the inside or a sinus infection....that only a course of anti's (biotics) can cure.

Don't fall for the ear candling BS, there are many better ways to do it, including the simple "warm water in a snifter". Ear candling does not draw wax out of the ear, and can cause candle wax to fall inside the ear! The wax in the candle is that *from* the candle. If you ahve a quarter pound of wax in your head, you have much bigger problems than believing quack medicine :)

Sparky508

But in all seriousness, you're asking a bunch of gun internet forum people for medical advice....

CALL A DOCTOR.

Wow, should have made my question more clear and so I apologize for that part. Also for not getting back in here soon enough to square that away.

Was more curious about how y'all deal with a lack of sensory perception, so to speak, when allergies and what not put you in that position.

I would however be willing to undergo that embalming procedure, if you think it would help................... It clears itslef a coule of times a day when I'm lucky.

Not that I didn't appreciate the advice, though. (It's not a tumor)

Last edited: