Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete King to Introduce Gun Safety Bill (no guns within 1000 ft of govt officials)

Pete King to Introduce Gun Safety Bill (no guns within 1000 ft of govt officials)

Rep. Peter King said Tuesday he plans to introduce a new gun safety bill in Congress in the wake of the mass shooting in Arizona that killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz.

King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials.

"It is imperative that we do all that we can to give law enforcement the tools they need to ensure the safety of New Yorkers and prevent an attack before it happens," King said during an appearance at a Manhattan event with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania who discussed ways to prevent another shooting tragedy.

Jared Loughner, 22, has been charged with trying to assassinate Giffords and is facing life in prison or the death penalty. The shooting rampage has altered the political landscape and prompted lawmakers to consider additional layers of security when meeting with constituents.

A spokesman for King told FoxNews.com that the office is still working on the substance of the bill. King decided to introduce the bill "to give the public a greater sense of security at public events with federal officials," the spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1AmjtGqjW

Quote Originally Posted by yankees98a View Post
    Rep. Peter King said Tuesday he plans to introduce a new gun safety bill in Congress in the wake of the mass shooting in Arizona that killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz.

King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials.
    Finish this quote:

We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe.....
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

I guess they have figured it out.... If they make it illegal to to something, criminals won't carry out their objectives. If this law was in place, it most definitely would have prevented this attack

I agree with this...

... because once this 1000' gun free mobile safety zone around our leaders is in place they can do without their current security guards / secret service, expensive bullet-proof limos, and other barriers that keep them from interacting up close and personal with their constituency. This will save hundreds of thousands of tax dollars each year.

... because we all know psychopaths and/or criminals would follow that law to the letter.

/sarcasm

So if I'm at a stoplight and a politician pulls up next to me, I'm a criminal?

Burn you ****** bag.

I wouldn't want to be a Fed. Official covered by this law if it passed. Imagine walking around in a Defense Free Zone ALL THE TIME. Doesn't he realize that the bad guys go looking for these kinds of places (Gun Free Zones) to ply their trade? For criminals, it is much safer to shoot where there is really good bet that no one will be armed to shoot back. It's bad enough that they are defenseless targets as often as they are in DC.

Rep Pete King is a mindless jerk. What a freaking moron. A class-A political jerk. Sheesh.

He needs to grow a brain. Seriously. Dang. Can any politician ever get any more stupid? Dang. Really. I think perhaps not. What an...

Am I making myself clear, here? Is there ANYone in the entire US of A who would believe otherwise? I don't think so!

Sheesh.

Let's move on.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    /sarcasm
    Thank GOD for sarcasm! If it weren't for sarcasm, we wouldn't have a single leg upon which to stand!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Of course, they don't claim this bill will actually make things any safer, you'll only feel safer.

A spokesman for King told FoxNews.com that the office is still working on the substance of the bill. King decided to introduce the bill to give the public a greater sense of security at public events with federal officials," the spokesman said.
    Sorry, it doesn't make me feel safer.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

I think the situation should be reversed.... No politicians within 1000' of my guns!

First it's a 1000 feet. Then 2000 feet. Then what the h*ll, let's make it 1 mile. Then 10 miles. then 1000 miles. That's one way to outlaw guns without outlawing them.

But King missed the point. He shouldn't ban guns, as others have said, that works only for honest people. They should ban mentally ill people with 1000'.

/sarcasm/ but then Congress couldn't meet since they are all crazy in there. /no sarcasm/
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

Boy if they had this rule, Kennedy would not have been shot.

Lautenberg, King, whatever.

This post says it all. :0

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I think the situation should be reversed.... No politicians within 1000' of my guns!
    Oh, gosh. Somebody with brains!

Why can't you or I seem to be elected? Grr...

Quote Originally Posted by yankees98a View Post

"It is imperative that we do all that we can to give law enforcement the tools they need to ensure the safety of New Yorkers and prevent an attack before it happens," King said during an appearance at a Manhattan event with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania who discussed ways to prevent another shooting tragedy.

Jared Loughner, 22, has been charged with trying to assassinate Giffords and is facing life in prison or the death penalty. The shooting rampage has altered the political landscape and prompted lawmakers to consider additional layers of security when meeting with constituents.

A spokesman for King told FoxNews.com that the office is still working on the substance of the bill. King decided to introduce the bill "to give the public a greater sense of security at public events with federal officials," the spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1AmjtGqjW

So he wants to codify the unconstitutional segregation of society into different classes.

Does he realize that, by the mere enacting of such a law, he's likely to trigger such an event upon himself?

So, as long as I use a rifle from 1001' away I can only be charged with murder, instead of murder AND having a firearm within 1000' of a 'high level government official'...

1000' is 333 yards...

F'in retards....

Since the House now has to attach a reference of Constitutional authority to any bill, I am curious to see which Article they would grossly mis-interpret to help hone in on their anti-second amendment and anti-freedom agenda.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Accomplished Advocate
    This is the same moron that is responsible for creating the TSA, of which now he knows he messed up, and now he wants to knee jerk again.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    So he wants to codify the unconstitutional segregation of society into different classes.

Does he realize that, by the mere enacting of such a law, he's likely to trigger such an event upon himself?

So, as long as I use a rifle from 1001' away I can only be charged with murder, instead of murder AND having a firearm within 1000' of a 'high level government official'...

1000' is 333 yards...

F'in retards....
    Anyone with any basic rifle marksmanship skills can hit a target at that distance with only iron sights. The problem in the Tucson shooting was that enough red flags were raised that should have gotten this guy on the prohibited persons list but they failed.

Hits the nail on the head.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Once again, Jon Stewart manages to shame the American mainstream media.

But wait a minute..

The reason our founding fathers were careful to include the second amendment was so the people(the real government) can keep the big government in check... any law limiting any citizen's right to keep and bare arms is wholly unconstitutional. the congerss and senate should be wary of the citizenry, we are being raped by these "law-makers"..

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    So if I'm at a stoplight and a politician pulls up next to me, I'm a criminal?
    Has anyone else here bothered writing King to tell him this? Sometimes the simplest arguments are the most effective.

Hooray for John Stewart for bringing the underlying issue into the limelight.

Banned

And now you know...

...why a Reform Jew was sacrificed as pretext to ensure a gun free zone around the RC majority in both Houses of the DC Legislature...whether they are in session, or merely travelling.

Rome does love to 'fail forward'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast