• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. OK With Guns In Capitol Building

UnfetteredMight

Guns are not allowed in legislative chambers, and that would include the House and Senate floor. The other parts of the Capitol complex where guns are prohibited are the Kentucky Supreme Court and the committee meeting rooms. There is a question whether the galleries above the Senate and House are part of those legislative chambers. Historically, the gallery has been considered a separate room overlooking the legislative chambers, but there are no walls dividing the two areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to change the established policy of allowing guns in the gallery.

So basically, a person could be in the gallery and see into either chamber?

Under those conditions, logically considering the purpose of a firearm not being allowed in either the chamber, I would have to say they are right if they do ban them in the gallery. During a legislative session that is.

I still don't like it though.

I agree it is good to see you posting again.

Something I was thinking the other day, I hadn't seen Mr Mitch post in a while, anyone heard from him.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

@Unfettered: The House and Senate are at the opposite sides of the building. Each has their own balcony which and as Liberty said, there's no wall or curtain or anything to separate the two.

Welcome back Liberty! You've been missed.

neuroblades

So basically, a person could be in the gallery and see into either chamber?

Under those conditions, logically considering the purpose of a firearm not being allowed in either the chamber, I would have to say they are right if they do ban them in the gallery. During a legislative session that is.

I still don't like it though.

I agree it is good to see you posting again.

Something I was thinking the other day, I hadn't seen Mr Mitch post in a while, anyone heard from him.

I had been wondering about Liberty & Mr. Mitch both for some time now. We've got one back, now where's the other, I miss his "interesting" stories. LOL

boomer92266

id like to have a copy of that letter, i think that is amazing. Gov. beshear has definately got my vote again. Why cant all politicians be like our gov. is.

i'll try and find it, i put it up a long time ago hope i still got it. i'll look tonite, since its snowing me in i'll probably have tomorrow to look too. i'll post it as soon as i can find it.